ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A St. Louis police officer narrowly escaped serious injury this morning when a thief tried to run over him while stealing his personal car.
Police say the off-duty officer was working security at a business on Washington in Grand Center when he saw a man inside his vehicle and an accomplice in a gray Bonneville behind it.
As the officer walked toward his car, the suspect tried to hit him and then drove away north on Spring, followed by the Bonneville.
The officer was treated on the scene for a minor foot injury and shoulder pain.
His car was found later at Delmar and Whittier.
The suspects and the Bonneville haven’t been found yet.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Fox Park Woman Worries for Bike Thief’s Safety Should Police Intervene
- Ferguson Man Charged in Riverview Shooting Death
- Police Search for Suspects Wanted for MetroLink Platform Assault
- Sex Offender Caught Umpiring Youth Sports Games
- Mistrial in Former Pine Lawn Police Officer’s Assault Case
- Stop and Frisk Debate Resonates in St. Louis