Ten Times Joe Kelly Made Us Laugh
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Joe Kelly’s trade to the Boston Red Sox was just as much a shock to him as it was to Cardinal Nation.
The Redbirds are sending him (and Allen Craig) to Beantown in exchange for pitcher John Lackey and prospect Corey Littrell.
Kelly said it felt like leaving his family and that the day had been “a blur” to him. Fans on Twitter and Facebook also expressed shock at the trade. At last check, a poll on the ‘Cast’ app had 88% saying they’re sad to see him leave.
He was a jokester and kept things fun in the clubhouse, so we thought we’d put together some of Joseph Kelly’s most viral moments.
10. Joe Kelly and Shelby Miller are best friends and obviously can’t stand to be apart — even during interviews:
9. Last October, the Cardinals poured cold water on the Pirates’ postseason dreams and Joe Kelly spit cold beer all over Shelby Miller’s face:
8. Joe Kelly couldn’t pass the employment test to be a Buckingham Palace guard (although he does look good in a red hat):
7. He obviously makes new friends easily:
— Joseph Kelly Jr. (@JosephKellyJr) May 19, 2014
6. Now let’s take a few moments to dissect Joe Kelly’s dancing skillz:
5. This should’ve been the rightful successor to the Macarena:
4. He could teach all of us a lesson about working out:
Always working hard pic.twitter.com/VrtEaLv4OK
— Joseph Kelly Jr. (@JosephKellyJr) January 28, 2014
3. Obviously this is a joke (I really hope it’s a joke):
2. He had his post-retirement life planned out (scuba diving!) at the age of like 5:
— Joseph Kelly Jr. (@JosephKellyJr) June 28, 2013
1. HUMP DAY!