ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The woman shot to death on Hodiamont in St. Louis last night was an innocent bystander who was taking a walk with her three young grandchildren.
Police say 46-year-old Juliette Cleveland-Davis was with her 4-, 5- and 7-year-old grandchildren when two groups began exchanging gunshots.
Cleveland-Davis died from a gunshot wound to the chest. The children were not injured.
The shooters remain at large.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Illinois Man Charged in Fatal Downtown St. Louis Carjacking
- Man Charged in Shooting Death of 8-Month-Old Son
- Suspect in Wash. Ave. Murder Turns Himself In
- Man in Prison for Wife’s Killing Arraigned on Federal Charge
- UPDATED: 2 Children – Blaze Crockett, Ryker Crockett, Found Safe
- California Woman Carjacked on Way to Airport