ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The woman shot to death on Hodiamont in St. Louis last night was an innocent bystander who was taking a walk with her three young grandchildren.
Police say 46-year-old Juliette Cleveland-Davis was with her 4-, 5- and 7-year-old grandchildren when two groups began exchanging gunshots.
Cleveland-Davis died from a gunshot wound to the chest. The children were not injured.
The shooters remain at large.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Hastert to Assault Victim: Pay Back $1.7M in Hush Money
- Elderly Man Shoots, Kills Apartment Manager in South St. Louis
- St. Louis Public Libraries Victims of Ransomware
- Man Charged in 2014 Deaths of 2 Brothers in St. Louis
- UPDATE: Jurors in Southern Illinois Find Man ‘Sexually Dangerous’
- County Prosecutor Says 5-Year-Olds Are Not Going to Prison For Fighting