WELDON SPRING, Mo. (KMOX) – You’ve heard of dinner and movie, but what about church and a beer?
Every Wednesday night, Joy Lutheran Church of Weldon Spring conducts services at Brewskeez Bar in O’Fallon, Mo., where patrons and parishioners can sip suds eat chicken wings, play pool and watch a game on a big screen with the sound turned down—all while the minister is preaching.
“Jesus took his message out to the people,” says Church member Paul Crandall. “Brewskeez in South O’Fallon is really no different, it’s just a place where people meet.”
He says there is no request for an offering, but they have electric guitar, a sax and drums. There’s been criticism as “the church that likes to party,” but never a bar fight.
The church says their membership is growing.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Mistrial in Former Pine Lawn Police Officer’s Assault Case
- Big Beer Merger May Help Micro-Brewers
- Stop and Frisk Debate Resonates in St. Louis
- Doctor Concocts His Own Vaccines with Cat Saliva, State Says
- Discrimination Against Nixon Delayed as More Cases Surface
- Diaz ‘Choked Up Just A Little Bit’ When Fan Who Caught Grand Slam Offered Condolences For Jose Fernandez