Church Conducts Services in Local Bar
Get Breaking News First
WELDON SPRING, Mo. (KMOX) - You’ve heard of dinner and movie, but what about church and a beer?
Every Wednesday night, Joy Lutheran Church of Weldon Spring conducts services at Brewskeez Bar in O’Fallon, Mo., where patrons and parishioners can sip suds eat chicken wings, play pool and watch a game on a big screen with the sound turned down—all while the minister is preaching.
“Jesus took his message out to the people,” says Church member Paul Crandall. “Brewskeez in South O’Fallon is really no different, it’s just a place where people meet.”
He says there is no request for an offering, but they have electric guitar, a sax and drums. There’s been criticism as “the church that likes to party,” but never a bar fight.
The church says their membership is growing.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Stolen Dump Truck, Boat, ATVs Recovered in Jefferson County
- St. Louis Composting Garden Hotline
- Glen Carbon Man Faces Kiddie Porn Charges
- Police Look for Suspects in Shooting Near Washington Avenue Club
- North St. Louis Shootings Leave Two People Dead
- Protestors Again Take to Streets Over Vonderrit Myers Jr. Shooting