Dooley Works Ground Game to Get Voters to Polls
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Facing his toughest re-election bid in years on Tuesday, St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley says he’s ready.
Dooley tells KMOX that despite the strong challenge from Councilman Steve Stenger, he is leading and expects to win this race.
“I’m leading of course. I’m going to win this thing. There’s no question in my mind about that,” Dooley says.
Talking confidently, the embattled incumbent says he’s busy motivating his base in North County to turn out.
“We have had a ground game since February of this year. It is not new. We know where our votes are, and we’re going to bring them out,” Dooley says.
Dooley’s ground game includes phone calls, knocking on doors and providing rides for voters to get to the polls, he says.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE ON THE ST. LOUIS COUNTY EXECUTIVE RACE:
- Rick Stream Wants Traffic Court Overhaul
- Kevin Killeen’s Whole ‘nother Story — Who Cares about STLCo Exec Race?
- Michael Brown’s Mother Does Not Want Him as Write-In Candidate
- Congressman Clay Announces Support for Steve Stenger
- Stream and Stenger Go Head-to-Head in Debate
- VIDEO: Ferguson Shooting Emerges in County Executive TV Ads