CREVE COEUR, Mo. (AP) – An unidentified man has been taken into police custody in suburban St. Louis after a 10-hour standoff at an apartment complex.
The incident began early Monday when St. Louis County police sent in their tactical squad to the Kings Landing apartment complex in Creve Coeur. Police say an armed man had barricaded himself inside one of the apartment units but was alone and had no hostages.
Officers forced their way into the apartment after summoning a bomb and arson unit mid-Monday morning. The suspect was taken to a local hospital for a medical evaluation.
Several busy roads were closed in the area as the standoff lingered through the morning rush hour.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Drones And The Internet Of Things
- Participants ‘Polar Plunge’ to Raise Money for Special Olympics
- Missouri Lieutenant Governor Office Renovations Top $50,000
- Dems Invite Immigrants to Trump’s First Address to Congress
- Measure Allowing Travelers to Drink at Airport Gates Moves Forward
- Greitens Appoints 2 Former Senators to Tax Committee