ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – It’s been nearly a decade since Amanda Jones vanished in Jefferson County.
Now frustrated, investigators are hoping to jar loose any new information they can about the case by raising the reward.
A news conference is scheduled later this morning and Amanda Jones’ daughter Hannah, now 13 years old, is expected to speak publicly for the first time.
Jones was 26 years old and 9 months pregnant when she disappeared in August of 2005.
Her unlocked vehicle was found at the Hillsboro Civic Center, where she’d been scheduled to meet with the father of her unborn child.
Authorities contacted the man but he denied wrongdoing, saying he did meet with Jones but that she was fine when he left her.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Waives Birth Certificate Fees for Kids in Foster Care
- Lawsuit: Prison Did Nothing as Fungus Ruined Inmate’s Brain
- 7-Year-Old Shooting Survivor Honored at City Hall
- STLCC Adjunct Professor Body Slammed at Board Meeting
- Alderman President Optimistic for Amazon Proposal
- UPDATE: Child Dropped Off At Wrong School Reunited With Family