FARMINGTON, Mo. (KMOX) – A Maurices employee in Farmington was bitten by a snake in the back room of the store.
The woman was bitten Monday morning at the clothing store in the Maple Valley Shopping Center.
Police and fire departments responded immediately.
Police caught the snake, described as about a foot long, and took it to the ER with the employee. It was deemed not poisonous.
Maurices brought in an exterminator and determined no more snakes were present.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Business is Scarily Good for the Haunted House Industry
- St. Louis County Man Reported Missing
- UFCW Local 655 Approve Schnucks’ Three-Year Contract
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car to Donate $10M Annually to Food Banks
- Vatican Issues New Rules for Catholics on Cremation
- Annual St. Louis Book Fair Moves to New Location in 2017