FARMINGTON, Mo. (KMOX) – A Maurices employee in Farmington was bitten by a snake in the back room of the store.
The woman was bitten Monday morning at the clothing store in the Maple Valley Shopping Center.
Police and fire departments responded immediately.
Police caught the snake, described as about a foot long, and took it to the ER with the employee. It was deemed not poisonous.
Maurices brought in an exterminator and determined no more snakes were present.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Effort to Get Cannabis Oil to Missouri Residents Starts Slow
- Local Group to Distribute Safe Sex Kits at Area Bars
- Rams WR Bailey Has Surgery After Being Shot in Florida
- Rauner Pardons Man Found Innocent of 1999 Attack
- Students for Planned Parenthood Frustrated by Mizzou Leader
- Tips Sought In Domino’s Armed Robbery