FARMINGTON, Mo. (KMOX) – A Maurices employee in Farmington was bitten by a snake in the back room of the store.
The woman was bitten Monday morning at the clothing store in the Maple Valley Shopping Center.
Police and fire departments responded immediately.
Police caught the snake, described as about a foot long, and took it to the ER with the employee. It was deemed not poisonous.
Maurices brought in an exterminator and determined no more snakes were present.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- State Reps. Propose Independent Investigations in Police Killings
- Arch Grants Executive Director Moves On
- Yahoo and Verizon Strike a Deal after Cyber Attacks
- Discussion Continues on New NGA Site
- Kentucky Coach Calipari Walks Away From Question About Mizzou Fans
- St. Louis Looks to Open Trade with the Port of New Orleans