FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson tells KMOX that the name of the officer who shot and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown won’t be released for the foreseeable future, at least until he’s either compelled to by a judge or if there are charges filed against the police officer.
Jackson says this is due to death threats called into the police department and posted on social media.
Jackson also says there are social media rumors swirling with a name of Ferguson police officer, but this is not the name of the officer involved.
Some commentators on online news stories are posting photos claiming that they are the children of the Ferguson police officer, and Jackson says they are not.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Discipline Possible for Ex-Officer’s Actions in Ferguson
- Progress in Ferguson, but Much Work Remains, Lawyers Say
- Ferguson Activist Found Dead in Burning Vehicle
- Ferguson House Fire Kills One
- Stenger Proposes “Connector” MetroLink Line through Ferguson
- Filling Police Vacancies is Latest Struggle for Ferguson