FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – Thursday was supposed to be the first day of school for students in the Ferguson-Florissant School District, but late Wednesday afternoon, the decision was made to cancel school Thursday and Friday.
A brief news release explains the decision was made in response to concerns expressed by many about the continuing unrest in the community.
A district official says, “In order to allow time for the situation to stabilize and all of our students and their families to resume normal routines, the first day of school is now Monday, August 18.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Judge: Lawyers Can Have Michael Brown Juvenile Records
- Federal Appeals Court Reinstates Ferguson Grand Juror’s Suit
- 2 Arrested After Shots Fired at Ferguson Police Officer
- Men Shoot At Ferguson Police Officer, Lead Cops On County-Wide Chase
- Judge Orders Release of Unredacted Grand Jury Records to Michael Brown’s Family
- High Expectations Set for Ferguson Civilian Review Board