Ferguson-Florissant School District Postpones First Day of School
Get Breaking News First
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – Thursday was supposed to be the first day of school for students in the Ferguson-Florissant School District, but late Wednesday afternoon, the decision was made to cancel school Thursday and Friday.
A brief news release explains the decision was made in response to concerns expressed by many about the continuing unrest in the community.
A district official says, “In order to allow time for the situation to stabilize and all of our students and their families to resume normal routines, the first day of school is now Monday, August 18.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Questions Raised About Ferguson During Citizens Police Academy
- Stenger Stands By McCulloch in Michael Brown Investigation
- Ferguson to Hold Series of Town Hall Meetings
- Police: Officers Fatally Shoot Man in Jennings
- Town Hall Meetings Planned In Ferguson
- Police May Not See Reimbursement from State for Work in Ferguson