Ferguson-Florissant School District Postpones First Day of School
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – Thursday was supposed to be the first day of school for students in the Ferguson-Florissant School District, but late Wednesday afternoon, the decision was made to cancel school Thursday and Friday.
A brief news release explains the decision was made in response to concerns expressed by many about the continuing unrest in the community.
A district official says, “In order to allow time for the situation to stabilize and all of our students and their families to resume normal routines, the first day of school is now Monday, August 18.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ferguson State of Emergency Expires
- U.S. Education Secretary Visits Ferguson
- Lawsuit Involving Officer Accused of Hog-Tying Boy is Settled
- Standing Room Only, Impassioned Testimony at Ferguson Commission Public Hearing
- Investigation Remains Active for Ferguson Arsonists
- MORE Marches to St. Louis County Judge’s House, Calls for New Prosecutor