Ferguson-Florissant School District Postpones First Day of School
Get Breaking News First
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – Thursday was supposed to be the first day of school for students in the Ferguson-Florissant School District, but late Wednesday afternoon, the decision was made to cancel school Thursday and Friday.
A brief news release explains the decision was made in response to concerns expressed by many about the continuing unrest in the community.
A district official says, “In order to allow time for the situation to stabilize and all of our students and their families to resume normal routines, the first day of school is now Monday, August 18.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Nixon Creating Group to Address Ferguson Issues
- Tensions Rise After New Michael Brown Shooting Details are Released
- Sen. Nasheed Arrested by County Police in Ferguson
- UPDATED: Former Police Chief Speaks on Latest Michael Brown Shooting Information
- VIDEO: Tempers Flare Following Rams Football Game
- Al Sharpton Planning Michael Brown Weekend