FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – Thursday was supposed to be the first day of school for students in the Ferguson-Florissant School District, but late Wednesday afternoon, the decision was made to cancel school Thursday and Friday.
A brief news release explains the decision was made in response to concerns expressed by many about the continuing unrest in the community.
A district official says, “In order to allow time for the situation to stabilize and all of our students and their families to resume normal routines, the first day of school is now Monday, August 18.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ferguson Draws Criticism for Using Humvee for Drug Education
- Missouri Lawmakers Consider Policing Proposals
- TIAM Sunday February 12th
- Ferguson to Pay $3M for Naked, Unarmed Man’s Stun Gun Death
- Ferguson Missed Deadlines in Deal with Justice Department
- Incumbent Ferguson Mayor Faces Opposition in April Election