FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – In a press conference on Friday afternoon, Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said the officer who shot and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown last weekend was not aware of the robbery.
This morning, in addition to naming Darren Wilson as the officer who shot Brown, police revealed that Brown was a suspect in a convenience store robbery over a $48.99 box of cigars.
Jackson said the officer stopped Michael Brown because he and a friend were walking down the street blocking traffic.
When asked why police released the surveillance video and robbery report if it was unrelated to the shooting, Jackson said they released it because of media requests.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- “Ferguson Collaborative” Lays Out Consent Decree Demands
- STL Police Assoc. Takes Unanimous No Confidence Vote in Circuit Attorney
- Man Gets 6 Years for Break-In, Looting in Ferguson Unrest
- Ferguson To Trump: Come See What We’re Really Like
- Trump Says Ferguson Among Most Dangerous Places in World
- Ferguson Man Charged with Killing Father