ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch is blasting the decision by Governor Nixon to replace St. Louis County Police patrols in Ferguson.
McCulloch told the Post Dispatch it is shameful that Nixon would denigrate the men and women of the St. Louis County Police department.
“It’s shameful what he did today, he had no legal authority to do that,” McCulloch told the paper. “To denigrate the men and women of the county police department is shameful.”
He said for Nixon to “never talk to the commanders in the field and come in here and take this action is disgraceful.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- ‘Outside In: Paint for Peace’ Exhibit Set to Debut Murals from Ferguson Protests
- Prosecutor Wants Photos of Michael Brown’s Body Restricted
- Former Dispatchers Warn Ferguson PD’s Stretched Too Thin
- Battle Continues Over Document Release in Ferguson Lawsuit
- Slay Calls Ferguson Unrest ‘Defining Moment’ of His Tenure
- Fathers Support Center Opens New Ferguson Location