ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch is blasting the decision by Governor Nixon to replace St. Louis County Police patrols in Ferguson.
McCulloch told the Post Dispatch it is shameful that Nixon would denigrate the men and women of the St. Louis County Police department.
“It’s shameful what he did today, he had no legal authority to do that,” McCulloch told the paper. “To denigrate the men and women of the county police department is shameful.”
He said for Nixon to “never talk to the commanders in the field and come in here and take this action is disgraceful.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Group Working to Help Missouri Parents Address Trauma
- Washington University Presidential Debate: Win, Lose or Draw?
- Ferguson Police Gets Grant to Hire Two New Officers
- Federal Judge Rules Against Ferguson Protesters
- Ferguson, St. Louis PD Among 4 in Area Receiving DOJ Grants
- Judge Tosses Lawsuit Over Ferguson Protest Police Tactics