ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch is blasting the decision by Governor Nixon to replace St. Louis County Police patrols in Ferguson.
McCulloch told the Post Dispatch it is shameful that Nixon would denigrate the men and women of the St. Louis County Police department.
“It’s shameful what he did today, he had no legal authority to do that,” McCulloch told the paper. “To denigrate the men and women of the county police department is shameful.”
He said for Nixon to “never talk to the commanders in the field and come in here and take this action is disgraceful.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Lacy Clay Plans Lawsuit Over Capitol Painting Removal
- Ferguson Draws Criticism for Using Humvee for Drug Education
- Missouri Lawmakers Consider Policing Proposals
- TIAM Sunday February 12th
- Ferguson to Pay $3M for Naked, Unarmed Man’s Stun Gun Death
- Ferguson Missed Deadlines in Deal with Justice Department