FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – Many gathered to pray in Ferguson today during a peaceful march from the site of teenager Michael Brown’s shooting along West Florissant to a local church.
They said they were praying not only for Mike Brown Jr., but for his mother, Lesley McSpadden.
Despite a curfew declared by Gov. Jay Nixon, some leaders have taken to Twitter and vowed to march just beyond the Ferguson border at midnight to continue their protest.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Kinder, Lawmakers, Alderman React to DOJ’s Ferguson Lawsuit
- Department of Justice to Sue Ferguson
- DOJ: Ferguson City Council Decree Changes Create ‘Unnecessary Delay’
- Ferguson Council Passes Amended DOJ Consent Agreement
- Cleric Arrested During Ferguson Protests Found Not Guilty
- Ferguson City Council Scheduled to Vote Tonight on DOJ Decree