Groups Gather for Peaceful March, Prayers in Ferguson
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) - Many gathered to pray in Ferguson today during a peaceful march from the site of teenager Michael Brown’s shooting along West Florissant to a local church.
They said they were praying not only for Mike Brown Jr., but for his mother, Lesley McSpadden.
Despite a curfew declared by Gov. Jay Nixon, some leaders have taken to Twitter and vowed to march just beyond the Ferguson border at midnight to continue their protest.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- First Responders Throw Punches Tonight at Guns ‘N Hoses
- Man Accused of Throwing Brick at Police During Protest
- Finalists for Ferguson-Florissant Superintendent See Opportunity
- Digging for History at Site of Burned-Out Boutique
- Proposed Illinois Law Would Address Ferguson-Like Cases
- Youth-Advocacy Group Will Track Dollars Pledged to Ferguson