FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – Many gathered to pray in Ferguson today during a peaceful march from the site of teenager Michael Brown’s shooting along West Florissant to a local church.
They said they were praying not only for Mike Brown Jr., but for his mother, Lesley McSpadden.
Despite a curfew declared by Gov. Jay Nixon, some leaders have taken to Twitter and vowed to march just beyond the Ferguson border at midnight to continue their protest.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Incumbent Ferguson Mayor Faces Opposition in April Election
- America’s Most Violent Street: Natural Bridge in North St. Louis
- Cardinal-Ritter Student’s Artwork Removed From Capitol Hill
- Missouri Gov. Nixon’s Term Marked by Budget Cuts, Natural Disasters
- Judge Upholds Secrecy in Ferguson Grand Juror Lawsuit
- Police Expect Trump to Lift Limits on Surplus Military Gear