Groups Gather for Peaceful March, Prayers in Ferguson
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) - Many gathered to pray in Ferguson today during a peaceful march from the site of teenager Michael Brown’s shooting along West Florissant to a local church.
They said they were praying not only for Mike Brown Jr., but for his mother, Lesley McSpadden.
Despite a curfew declared by Gov. Jay Nixon, some leaders have taken to Twitter and vowed to march just beyond the Ferguson border at midnight to continue their protest.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Source: Federal Report Finds Racial Bias in City of Ferguson
- Milwaukee Sheriff: ‘Race-Obsessed’ Holder Looks to ‘Put Ferguson on His Mantle’
- Former Chief Fitch Sees Lose-Lose Scenario for Ferguson with DOJ Action
- NYT: Justice Dept. Report on Ferguson Police Could be Released This Week
- President Obama to Address Progress Post-Ferguson
- SLU Faculty Backs President, Will Move Forward with Disputed Artwork