Ferguson-Florissant School District Cancels Monday Classes
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) - Ferguson-Florissant School District has announced that all schools in the district will be closed on Monday, August 18 “due to continuing unrest in some areas of Ferguson, and in the interest of the safety of students and families.
In a release, the district cites concerns about children walking to school or waiting for buses on streets impacted by activity from Sunday night’s protests, debris on the roads that could impact transportation, and continued disruption affecting students and families in the area.
The district states that while teachers, principals and the administration were ready to welcome students back, the safety of students is their primary concern.
Jennings and Riverview Gardens also announced they would cancel classes on Monday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Darren Wilson Marries Fellow Police Officer
- City Prosecutor to Move Operations to Police Headquarters for Grand Jury Decision
- Director of Judicial Administration: Judge Has Made No Agreement to Release Evidence to Public
- Giuliani: White Officers Wouldn’t Be in Black Areas if They Weren’t Killing Each Other
- Protester: ‘Angrier People are Going to Be’ the Longer Grand Jury Decision Dragged Out
- Grand Jury Takes Sunday Off