Ferguson-Florissant School District Cancels Monday Classes
Get Breaking News First
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) - Ferguson-Florissant School District has announced that all schools in the district will be closed on Monday, August 18 “due to continuing unrest in some areas of Ferguson, and in the interest of the safety of students and families.
In a release, the district cites concerns about children walking to school or waiting for buses on streets impacted by activity from Sunday night’s protests, debris on the roads that could impact transportation, and continued disruption affecting students and families in the area.
The district states that while teachers, principals and the administration were ready to welcome students back, the safety of students is their primary concern.
Jennings and Riverview Gardens also announced they would cancel classes on Monday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- McCulloch: Confident Grand Jury will Arrive at ‘True and Just Decision’
- More School Districts Join Request for a Sunday Grand Jury Announcement
- Rev. Al Sharpton Arrives in Ferguson for Weekend of Events
- McCulloch: ‘No Information or Evidence Has Been Released by the Grand Jury’
- Police Officers’ Wives Collect Food for Ferguson Duty
- Officer Darren Wilson Due to Testify in 10 Felony Cases