FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – Ferguson-Florissant School District has announced that all schools in the district will be closed on Monday, August 18 “due to continuing unrest in some areas of Ferguson, and in the interest of the safety of students and families.
In a release, the district cites concerns about children walking to school or waiting for buses on streets impacted by activity from Sunday night’s protests, debris on the roads that could impact transportation, and continued disruption affecting students and families in the area.
The district states that while teachers, principals and the administration were ready to welcome students back, the safety of students is their primary concern.
Jennings and Riverview Gardens also announced they would cancel classes on Monday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Deaconess Foundation Announced Grant for Civic Engagement
- Russian Facebook Ads Directed to ‘Black Lives Matter’
- Ferguson Says Body Cams can Help St. Louis Police Officers
- Ferguson Consent Decree Reforms Moving Forward
- Ferguson Chief Calls Deadly Force ‘Last Resort’
- Federal Appeals Court to Rehear Ferguson Lawsuit