FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – So far, it’s been a relatively quiet night among protestors in Ferguson tonight.
There was an incident earlier in which some protesters were upset with a woman who showed support for police officer Darren Wilson.
Some wanted to rush her, but other protesters came to her rescue and linked arms around her. Several Wilson supporters were escorted away by police for their own safety.
Many are giving credit for the relative calm tonight in Ferguson to the protesters themselves. Some have said things like “stay calm” and “don’t give them a reason to use tear gas.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Government: Ferguson Making `Meaningful Progress’ in Reforms
- Police Need Help Locating Missing Ferguson Teen, Possibly Suicidal
- Man Who Shot Officers During Ferguson Protest Gets 25 Years
- Ferguson Unrest Stirs Up Police Complaints
- Ferguson Market May Sue for Defamation
- Local Businesses Concerned About Ferguson Unrest