Darren Wilson Supporters Escorted Away From Ferguson Protests
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) - So far, it’s been a relatively quiet night among protestors in Ferguson tonight.
There was an incident earlier in which some protesters were upset with a woman who showed support for police officer Darren Wilson.
Some wanted to rush her, but other protesters came to her rescue and linked arms around her. Several Wilson supporters were escorted away by police for their own safety.
Many are giving credit for the relative calm tonight in Ferguson to the protesters themselves. Some have said things like “stay calm” and “don’t give them a reason to use tear gas.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Youth-Advocacy Group Will Track Dollars Pledged to Ferguson
- WATCH: Mickey’s Shop & Gas Station Looting Surveillance Footage
- Pro-Police Rally Held In Clayton
- Potential Federal Civil Rights Decision Leaves Ferguson Business Owners on Edge
- South Grand Wonders What Happens if No Federal Ferguson Charges
- Gov. Nixon Urges Court Reform, ‘Healing and Hope’ After Ferguson