How Much Will Police Response in Ferguson Cost Taxpayers?
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – How much is the prolonged police response in Ferguson going to cost taxpayers?
“I don’t know yet, and we won’t know until we’re done and the totality of it,” St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson says. “But, it’s something that we have to do.”
Dotson says police don’t get to pick and choose which crises they’d like to respond to.
He also says the city, at least, will think about asking the state of Missouri to help pay the bill.
“I think the strain on local law enforcement, whether it’s St. Louis City, St. Louis County, the other municipalities that are here, certainly will be felt at some time,” he says.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Former STL County Chief: Correlation Between Ferguson and Police Deaths
- POLL: Police Killings of Unarmed Blacks Top Story of 2014
- Brown Family Condemns Murder of 2 NYC Police
- Rams Receivers Spread Christmas Cheer
- McCulloch: Witness No. 40 Not Only Witness with Credibility Issues
- State Rep Calls for Investigation of McCulloch