How Much Will Police Response in Ferguson Cost Taxpayers?
Get Breaking News First
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) – How much is the prolonged police response in Ferguson going to cost taxpayers?
“I don’t know yet, and we won’t know until we’re done and the totality of it,” St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson says. “But, it’s something that we have to do.”
Dotson says police don’t get to pick and choose which crises they’d like to respond to.
He also says the city, at least, will think about asking the state of Missouri to help pay the bill.
“I think the strain on local law enforcement, whether it’s St. Louis City, St. Louis County, the other municipalities that are here, certainly will be felt at some time,” he says.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Slay Extending Second Chance to Non-Violent, Misdemeanor Offenders
- St. Louis Panel Discusses Police Diversity
- McCulloch Investigates Alleged Grand Jury Misconduct
- Democratic Coalition Throwing Support Behind Rick Stream
- Ferguson Business Owner Calls Nighttime Protests ‘Terrorist Acts’
- Stenger: PR Contract for Ferguson a Waste of Taxpayer Dollars