Jerry Costello Expressway Dedicated in Honor of Former Congressman
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – One of the primary drivers behind the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge now has the east-side approach to the bridge named after him.
The Jerry Costello Expressway was dedicated today in honor of the former Illinois congressman.
A who’s who of local politicians were on hand to dedicate that stretch of I-70 in honor of Costello, praising him for being the driving force behind constructing the bridge.
“Jerry focused on this like a laser – moved up on the public works committee,” said U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin. “When the moment came and the time came, he was there to deliver.”
Among those praising Costello also was Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn.
“The best way to fight crime, the best way to keep families together, it’s called a j-o-b,” Quinn said. “And that’s what the middle name of Jerry Costello is. He understands jobs.”
Costello served in Congress from 1988 until last year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Should Guns Be Legal on Missouri’s Public Transit?
- Man Charged in Shooting Officers in Ferguson Discusses It In Jail Audio
- Missouri House Initially OKs Pledge of Allegiance in English
- Illinois Group Trying to Get More Rape Victims to Report to Police
- Missouri House Panel Sends Medical Marijuana Bill Forward
- 6-Year-Old’s Fast Action Saves Man from Burning Home