2 Dead After Explosion at Granite City Recycling Plant
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two people are dead and one injured after an explosion at a recycling plant in Granite City earlier this morning.
The explosion occurred at Totall Metal Recycling on Missouri Ave.
At least one mortar shell exploded, and no one is allowed near the scene of the explosion for fear of another explosion if there are more mortar shells.
KMOX News reporter Brett Blume is on the scene. This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Executes Man for 15-Year-Old Girl’s 1989 Killing
- Lawsuit: U of Illinois Retaliated Over Sex Harassment Claim
- 7 Dead from Legionnaires’ Disease at Quincy Veterans’ Home
- St. Louis Zoo: ‘No Plans to Seek Admission Charge’
- School Split Over Transgender Student Using Girls Bathroom
- Wanted Belleville Man Surrenders to St. Louis Police