2 Dead After Explosion at Granite City Recycling Plant
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two people are dead and one injured after an explosion at a recycling plant in Granite City earlier this morning.
The explosion occurred at Totall Metal Recycling on Missouri Ave.
At least one mortar shell exploded, and no one is allowed near the scene of the explosion for fear of another explosion if there are more mortar shells.
KMOX News reporter Brett Blume is on the scene. This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- U City Residents Outspoken Against Gateway Ambulance Contract
- Ten Haaf Considers Permanent Stay at St. Louis VA
- Comedian Josh Blue to Perform in STL for Paraquad’s 45th Anniversary
- Party on, Abe: Illinois Named Top Party School in the US
- Rauner: Illinois to Review New Federal Power Plant Limits
- Amtrak Supporters Push to Preserve State Subsidies