GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two people are dead and one injured after an explosion at a recycling plant in Granite City earlier this morning.
The explosion occurred at Totall Metal Recycling on Missouri Ave.
At least one mortar shell exploded, and no one is allowed near the scene of the explosion for fear of another explosion if there are more mortar shells.
KMOX News reporter Brett Blume is on the scene. This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Injured Hazelwood Police Officer Craig Tudor Awarded Purple Heart
- Missouri Could Face $3 Billion Loss in Tax Credits
- St. Louis County Library Expands ‘Recycled Reads’ Program
- St. Louis County Council to Vote on Replacing Two Bridges
- Fight for Confederate Monument May Settle Out of Court
- University of Missouri Might Revoke Cosby’s Honorary Degree