Expert: Race Relations Top Issue in St. Louis County Executive Race
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - With the August primary just a few weeks behind us, one expert says racial divides in the St. Louis area will be a top issue in the coming St. Louis County Executive’s race.
UMSL political science professor Dave Robertson says as candidates Rick Stream and Steve Stenger face off, this issue will be paramount.
“Both Steve Stenger and Rick Stream, the two major party candidates for County Executive, address the issues that were raised by Ferguson, by the way it was handled and by race relations generally in our region,” he says.
Robertson says it’s still too early to say how it all plays out, and the verdict in the case will likely be the deciding factor.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ferguson Police Chief: Body Cameras Required to be On at Certain Times
- Charlie Brennan – Tuesday, September 30 – Engelbert Humperdinck; Rabbi Susan Talve on #Ferguson; Brian Costa on Baseball Hateability Index; and Ginger Imster of Arch Grants
- Ferguson Giving PR Consultant Second Chance
- Blunt Makes Stop in St. Louis, Speaks to Officers About Narcotics, Parole Policies
- Judge Hears Testimony on Five-Second Rule
- Grand Jury to Review Another Case Involving Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson