Expert: Race Relations Top Issue in St. Louis County Executive Race
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - With the August primary just a few weeks behind us, one expert says racial divides in the St. Louis area will be a top issue in the coming St. Louis County Executive’s race.
UMSL political science professor Dave Robertson says as candidates Rick Stream and Steve Stenger face off, this issue will be paramount.
“Both Steve Stenger and Rick Stream, the two major party candidates for County Executive, address the issues that were raised by Ferguson, by the way it was handled and by race relations generally in our region,” he says.
Robertson says it’s still too early to say how it all plays out, and the verdict in the case will likely be the deciding factor.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Michael Brown’s Parents Attend BET Hip Hop Awards
- Ferguson Unveils New Community Center
- ‘Ferguson Forward’ to Provide Early Childhood Education, Youth Jobs, College Scholarships
- Ferguson Protestors Seeking Tickets to Get Into Sunday Rams Game
- Holder Announces a Study of Racial Bias in Police Departments
- Dotson and Officers Preparing for Protestors at Weekend Games