Expert: Race Relations Top Issue in St. Louis County Executive Race
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - With the August primary just a few weeks behind us, one expert says racial divides in the St. Louis area will be a top issue in the coming St. Louis County Executive’s race.
UMSL political science professor Dave Robertson says as candidates Rick Stream and Steve Stenger face off, this issue will be paramount.
“Both Steve Stenger and Rick Stream, the two major party candidates for County Executive, address the issues that were raised by Ferguson, by the way it was handled and by race relations generally in our region,” he says.
Robertson says it’s still too early to say how it all plays out, and the verdict in the case will likely be the deciding factor.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- McCulloch: Witness No. 40 Not Only Witness with Credibility Issues
- State Rep Calls for Investigation of McCulloch
- Rams Players Giving Back To Ferguson
- Man Charged in Illinois Gun Theft Tied to Ferguson
- Koster Sues 13 STL County Municipalities for Balancing Budgets with Traffic Fines
- Ferguson State of Emergency Expires