ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – These past few days of high temperatures and heat indexes are hitting people with asthma hard.
St. Louis City and County hospitals have treated 46 heat-related illnesses since last Thursday.
But in St. Louis City on Sunday alone, there were 43 people treated in ERs with asthma-related problems.
“This combined heat and humidity is really quite dangerous for people who suffer from asthma, COPD or any other type of lung condition.”
St. Louis City health director Pamela Walker urges people with asthma to make sure you are up to date on your medicine and try to stay indoors as much as possible.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE HEALTH NEWS:
- New Study Finds Marijuana Use Decreased Over Decade
- Local Doctor Uses Radiological Images To Create Art
- Bridgeton, Flint Moms Join Forces vs EPA
- Mo. Legislator Hopes Drug Registry Will Finally Pass
- Prescription Drug Database Up Again in Missouri House
- Officials, Victims’ Families Hope Heroin PSA Spurs Action