(KMOX) – Several groups are calling for a vote recount on the Right to Farm issue that narrowly passed in the primary election.
Missouri’s Food for America, the Missouri Farmers Union and the Missouri Rural Crisis Center called it a deceptive amendment.
It passed by just 2,490 votes out of a nearly a million cast.
Opponents call it a statistical tie and say Missouri voters deserve a recount.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Alderman Defends New Ballpark Village Tax Breaks
- Fearing Election Day Trouble, Some U.S. Schools Cancel Classes
- Public Forum Comes to St. Louis City Ahead of November Election
- One-Fourth of U.S. Cancer Deaths Linked with 1 Thing: Smoking
- Senate Race in Illinois Leaning Democratic
- Cigarette Tax Ballot Questions Confusing Missourians