Several Groups Call for Right to Farm Vote Recount
(KMOX) – Several groups are calling for a vote recount on the Right to Farm issue that narrowly passed in the primary election.
Missouri’s Food for America, the Missouri Farmers Union and the Missouri Rural Crisis Center called it a deceptive amendment.
It passed by just 2,490 votes out of a nearly a million cast.
Opponents call it a statistical tie and say Missouri voters deserve a recount.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- St. Louis County Wants to Woo GE Headquarters
- Poll Shows Voters Want to Decide on Public Money for Stadium
- Missouri Abortion Licensing Law Splits GOP, Health Officials
- 7 Years Later: Where’s the Money for More City Cops?
- East STL Teachers Ready to Strike If Necessary
- St. Louis’ Governing Board Advances Minimum-Wage Boost