Metro Workers Continue to Protest Nations’ Wage Hike
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Protestors with the union representing workers at the Metro Transit union picketed Thursday outside Metro headquarters on Laclede’s Landing.
The union has held several demonstrations this week to call attention to Metro CEO John Nations getting a $75,000 wage hike, while workers remain in a contract dispute.
Nations says workers too could have a raise if they would ratify his contract offer that also includes replacing the pension system with a 401k plan for new hires.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Melee at St. Louis City Hall During Hearing on Police Oversight Board
- Arrest Made in Chuck E. Cheese’s Shooting
- Endangered Person Alert Issued for Missing Woman
- Missouri House to Halt Committee Meetings at Country Club
- Rep. Keith English Leaves House Democrats to Become Independent
- Area Law Enforcement Working to Combat Heroin