ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Protestors with the union representing workers at the Metro Transit union picketed Thursday outside Metro headquarters on Laclede’s Landing.
The union has held several demonstrations this week to call attention to Metro CEO John Nations getting a $75,000 wage hike, while workers remain in a contract dispute.
Nations says workers too could have a raise if they would ratify his contract offer that also includes replacing the pension system with a 401k plan for new hires.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Former Springfield Teacher Charged with Child Molestation
- Decatur Woman Can Petition to Become Nurse Under New Law
- VIDEO: Inside The St. Louis Blues Man Cave You Wish You Had
- Freshmen Told No ‘Safe Spaces’ at University of Chicago
- Weight-Loss Methods Yield Similar Results Says SLU Study
- Authorities Investigate Bank Robbery in Warrensburg