ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Protestors with the union representing workers at the Metro Transit union picketed Thursday outside Metro headquarters on Laclede’s Landing.
The union has held several demonstrations this week to call attention to Metro CEO John Nations getting a $75,000 wage hike, while workers remain in a contract dispute.
Nations says workers too could have a raise if they would ratify his contract offer that also includes replacing the pension system with a 401k plan for new hires.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Dotson, Aldermen Still Search For Higher City Cop Salaries
- Clergy Issues Demands Aimed At Stopping Police Shootings
- Food Allergies: The Deadly Dish Part 1
- Roof Fire at Sweetie Pie’s Restaurant Deemed Suspicious
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend, Walked to Store to Confess
- PHOTOS: Police Search For South County US Bank Robbery Suspect