ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Protestors with the union representing workers at the Metro Transit union picketed Thursday outside Metro headquarters on Laclede’s Landing.
The union has held several demonstrations this week to call attention to Metro CEO John Nations getting a $75,000 wage hike, while workers remain in a contract dispute.
Nations says workers too could have a raise if they would ratify his contract offer that also includes replacing the pension system with a 401k plan for new hires.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Government: Ferguson Making `Meaningful Progress’ in Reforms
- Missouri Gov. Greitens Touts Support of Health Care Overhaul
- Sen. Duckworth Has Strong Words for Republican Healthcare Bill Amendment
- Police Warn Against iPhone ‘108’ Prank Spreading on Social Media
- MSD Project to Demolish 1,000 Buildings Gets Underway
- Blues’ Stastny Listed Week to Week With Lower-Body Injury