ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Protestors with the union representing workers at the Metro Transit union picketed Thursday outside Metro headquarters on Laclede’s Landing.
The union has held several demonstrations this week to call attention to Metro CEO John Nations getting a $75,000 wage hike, while workers remain in a contract dispute.
Nations says workers too could have a raise if they would ratify his contract offer that also includes replacing the pension system with a 401k plan for new hires.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Months After Child’s Death, Live-In Boyfriend Charged
- 300 Workers Lose Jobs After Firm Abruptly Closes
- 17-Year-Old Hazelwood West Student Accused of Bringing Gun to School Charged
- Major Crash in Madison County Closes All NB I-55 Lanes
- Some With HIV in Missouri to Lose Health Insurance in 2018
- Dog Subject of Court Battle, Faked Death