ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Protestors with the union representing workers at the Metro Transit union picketed Thursday outside Metro headquarters on Laclede’s Landing.
The union has held several demonstrations this week to call attention to Metro CEO John Nations getting a $75,000 wage hike, while workers remain in a contract dispute.
Nations says workers too could have a raise if they would ratify his contract offer that also includes replacing the pension system with a 401k plan for new hires.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Police Search for Suspects in Go Wireless Store Robbery
- Two-Alarm Fire Damages Bob Cassilly’s ‘Cementland’
- Chris Rock’s ‘Total Blackout’ Tour Comes to St. Louis
- Ken Bone Hopes to Begin Legacy After Fame
- 2 Men Plead Guilty to $2M Armored Car Robbery in St. Louis
- Missouri Court Strikes Law Denying Bail to Some Immigrants