Prairie Farms to End Production in Hazelwood
HAZELWOOD, Mo. (KMOX) - Several dozen workers at the Prairie Farms facility in Hazelwood will be losing their jobs this weekend as the company ends production there.
In a cost-cutting move, the company says that as of Monday it will transfer production from the Hazelwood plant to other Prairie Farms plants. It will continue to use the facility as a distribution center.
Prairie Farms says about 66 employees will be provided with severance benefits.
“The decision to transfer production to other Prairie Farms plants will help balance capacity throughout our network of plants,” Ed Mullins, Prairie Farms Executive Vice President and CEO says. “It wasn’t a reflection on the work of the employees. We appreciate their valued service and Prairie Farms is committed to helping everyone through the transition.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Victim Revived After Reported Heroin Overdose in St. Peters
- Missouri Lawmakers Pass Bill to Boost Agriculture Industry
- Police: Spence Jackson Wrote ‘Can’t Take Being Unemployed Again’
- Man Accused in Ferguson Police Shooting Denied Lower Bond
- Schlafly’s Kolsch Voted Best Beer in Country
- Charter Acquiring Bright House Networks