HAWK POINT, Mo. (KMOX) – Saturday’s death of one-year-old Parker Mantia in a car crash near Hawk Point has friends of his family seeking change.
In fact, Briana Smith says they’ve turned to change.org for a petition drive to get Lincoln County or MoDOT to alter the curvy stretch of Highway 47 where the crash happened.
“It could have been totally avoided if that road was fixed, or there were an accurate amount of speed signs so people know the speed they should be going,” she says.
Parker Mantia’s father died in the accident. His mom suffered major injuries in the crash, and the driver of the car that hit them, Shanna Cook of Millington, Tenn., died from her injuries.
“You would think they would have fixed it by now,” Smith says. “At least after one death you would have thought they’d say, ‘What is causing this problem?'”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Ranks Low for Smoking Prevention
- ACLU Finds Ferguson-Florissant Violates Voting Rights Act
- Layoffs Begin at St. Louis Community College
- Research Finds Doctor’s Age Can Affect Patients
- St. Louis County Council Discuss Budget Changes, Merger
- Joe Buck, Michelle Beisner Announce They’re Having Twins