FENTON, Mo. (KMOX) – The former Fenton Chrysler plant site has been sold, and if all goes as planned, it will soon house the Fenton Logistics Park.
St. Louis-based KP Development has purchased the 295-acre site off Interstate 44 where it plans to build the logistics park.
KP, formerly Komen Properties, says the half-billion dollar investment will provide 2.5 million square feet for industrial, light manufacturing, distribution and offices.
President Terry Barnes says they hope the site will eventually house 2,500 jobs, most of them new to the region.
“We believe there’s people in the distribution-industrial sector that need to add St. Louis as a part of their overall real estate play and would love to be in this area,” he says.
The company says it is still working with Fenton, St. Louis County and state officials to secure tax incentives it says are required help to rehab the site.
It hopes to break ground early next year and move its first tenants in late next year, but that depends on the tax incentives and “clear signs of an improving economy.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Dotson Rails Against St. Louis Circuit Judges
- Illinois House Agrees to Medical Marijuana Program Extension
- Slay to Sign Prescription Drug Monitoring Law Tuesday
- Cahokia Shooting Victim Identified
- Police Hunting For Suspect in Fatal Shooting at Bellefontaine Schnucks
- Rauner Says Many Illinois Democrats Back Reforms, Held Back By Leaders