ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – With Black Friday just a few days away, which state’s residents have the loosest wallets – Missouri or Illinois?
It’s Missourians by far, according to a new study from the financial website WalletHub.com.
Missouri is ranked as the state with the sixth biggest spenders, and Illinois is No. 39.
Missouri places in the top 10 for most spending on health care, food and beverages, as well as people spending more than they make. The Show-Me State ranks 25 for number of cars per household, auto and credit card debt and spending on gasoline, housing and utilities.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Ranks Low for Smoking Prevention
- ACLU Finds Ferguson-Florissant Violates Voting Rights Act
- Layoffs Begin at St. Louis Community College
- Research Finds Doctor’s Age Can Affect Patients
- St. Louis County Council Discuss Budget Changes, Merger
- Joe Buck, Michelle Beisner Announce They’re Having Twins