ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – (UPDATED 2:20 p.m.) A vacant home was blown to bits in North St. Louis this morning.
St. Louis Fire Capt. Garon Mosby says a natural gas leak is being investigated as the potential cause.
The explosion happened at about 8:30 in the 8600 block of Oriole.
The brick bungalow-style home was completely destroyed, and parts of the home were tossed onto the roofs and yards of neighboring homes.
“The one miraculous thing about this incident is that there are no reported injuries,” Mosby says.
Neighboring homes were evacuated as a precaution while crews checked for a natural gas leak, he says. A cause hasn’t been determined.
Our previous reporting is as follows:
The St. Louis Fire Department remains on the scene of a vacant house explosion in 8600 block of Oriole Avenue in north St. Louis.
No injuries have been reported. Laclede Gas is responding.
The cause of explosion is not known at this time.