Health Topic Center
CBS St. Louis Health News
- Long Delays in Missouri's Medicaid Program Missourians trying to use a call center to sign up for the state's Medicaid program are running into long delays, prompting nearly half of them to hang up before they get help.
- MDA Telethon Raises $52 Million Rascal Flatts was among this year's entertainment
- CDC: Missouri is Lagging Behind in Measles Vaccinations The CDC's Dr. Melinda Wharton says Missouri is one of 13 states to have a measles vaccination rate below 90 percent.
- Despite Concerns of Concussions, Youth Football League Opens With Full Roster The pads will be cracking and the parents will be shouting this weekend as St. Louis' Junior Football League plays its pre-season games.
- Study: Electronic Cigarette Use Up 60 Percent Among Middle, High Schoolers America's cardiologists are growing increasingly worried about electronic cigarettes.
- Extreme Heat Takes Toll on Asthma Patients St. Louis City and County hospitals have treated 46 heat-related illnesses since last Thursday.
- Death of 13-Year-Old Athlete Prompts Closer Look at Rare Heart Conditions in Teenagers A local cardiac surgeon says the sudden death of a 13-year-old O'Fallon, Illinois boy during basketball practice last week at school is rare, but happens more often than it should.
- Missouri Lagging In Cancer Fight, Says Report American Cancer Society spokeswoman says state reached 0 of 12 benchmarks.
- Report: Illinois Has Lower Teen Birth Rate Than Missouri The birth rate for teens ages 15 to 19 in Illinois is well below the national average.
- Heat Warning in Effect Through Sunday Night St. Louis City Health Director Pam Walker is urging residents to protect themselves against the high temperatures and humidity.