Health Topic Center
CBS St. Louis Health News
- Department of Health Prompts Prevention Initiative Preventing illnesses before they begin is the goal of the new St. Louis County Director of Public Health.
- 2 Horses in Illinois Diagnosed with Equine Herpes Virus Horses shows have been called off in Illinois to stop the spread of infection after agriculture officials said two horses from a northeastern Illinois stable tested positive earlier this month for the equine herpes virus.
- Illinois Residents Hold on to Cannabis ID Card Applications Illinois health officials warn residents who are applying to get an ID card for medical cannabis, to hold on to their applications.
- Hang Up the Car Keys and Grab a Cycle - 'National Bike to Work Day' HOK-St. Louis among companies offering bike racks, showers for workers who bike to work.
- Bird Flu Brings Higher Prices to Grocery Stores Farm Bureau Commodities Director Kelly Smith says we'll see the price of turkey and eggs increase.
- Spraying for Nuisance Mosquitoes has Begun in St. Louis County Most spraying will be done between Sunday and Thursday evenings between sunset and midnight, when mosquito activity is usually at its peak.
- Study Investigates Alzheimer's in African-Americans Called the A4 study, researchers will investigate a drug that could prevent Alzheimer's dementia in people at risk.
- Bird Flu Virus Creeps Across Missouri A strain of bird flu responsible for the deaths of millions of chickens and turkeys in several states is spreading across Missouri.
- Duchess' Early Discharge Leaves U.S. Moms with Questions Many American moms are amazed at the quick discharge of the Duchess of Cambridge after delivering her second child.
- Missouri Senate Overrides Veto of Welfare Limits Missouri senators on Monday voted to override Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon's veto of a bill removing several thousand families from a welfare program in a move Nixon said would make Missouri's limits among the lowest in the nation.
- Siteman Cancer Care Clinic to Open 24/7 Local cancer patients who need urgent care will soon have a new around-the-clock option.
- MDA Ending Telethon's 60-Year Run Labor Day Weekend event was hosted by comedian Jerry Lewis for many decades
- STUDY: Breastfeeding Reduces Risk of Breast Cancer A new study finds that breastfeeding may decrease a woman’s breast cancer risk.
- Metro Area Receives an 'F' for Ozone Pollution The Metro Area has received an F for ozone pollution in the annual State of the Air report.
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.