Health Topic Center
CBS St. Louis Health News
- Illinois' Heroin-Fighting Program Costs $25M Bipartisan bill would also address prescription drug abuse
- Illinois Lawmakers Will Soon Consider Cameras in Nursing Homes Rep. Greg Harris says the Illinois bill would allow nursing home residents and their families to install recording devices in their rooms.
- Winter Storm Warning Reminders St. Louis city health department has phone numbers & website information, as well as tips for staying safe in a winter storm.
- Red Cross: Harsh Winter Depleting Blood Donations Endless snow, extreme cold, and widespread flu keeping donors at home.
- Lawsuit Claims Purina’s ‘Beneful’ Sickens Dogs; Mizzou Vet Professor Not Certain A class-action lawsuit claims thousands of animals have been sickened or killed by the dry dog food.
- Landfill Neighbors Urged to Build 'Shelter in Place' Kits Critical items include plastic sheeting, weather radio, food and water.
- House Committee Hears Testimony on Bill that Would Legalize Medical Marijuana "I'm going to say to you right now, I could care less about anybody who wants to get high," Williams testified. "Your problem, not mine. I'm only concerned about people who need to have relief with medication."
- Missouri House Panel to Consider Medical Marijuana Proposal Montel Williams is joining a Missouri Republican in efforts to allow patients with specific ailments access to medical marijuana with a state-monitored distribution program.
- Another Mo. Family Fights to Get Son Back After Disputes with Doctors "We felt completely helpless," says mother Tiffany Adams.
- Lawmaker Pushes for Cameras in Nursing Homes to Prevent Abuse, Neglect A St. Louis-area woman says she would have put a camera in her husband's nursing home room had she known what she knows now.
- The Story Of Sharing America's Marrow Sam Kimura, her sister and her best friend are on a mission to help people around the country in need of life saving blood marrow. See how these three young women are going about making a real difference.
- Iowa Senate Panel Approves Ban On Conversion Therapy DES MOINES, Iowa (CBS St. Louis/AP) — Therapy aimed at converting the sexual orientation of a minor in Iowa would be banned under legislation approved by a Senate panel on Tuesday. Members of a human resources subcommittee heard several...
- St. Louis Physician Convicted of Health-Care Fraud Charges Dr. Devon Golding has been convicted of multiple health-care fraud related charges for billing for services not rendered and false statements involving a health-care benefit plan.
- Local Plastic Surgeons Fixing a Fashion Trend of the Young It's an extreme fashion statement - ear gauging - where instead of just having a small pierced ear, a hoop-like hole is pierced into the earlobe.
- Missouri Lawmaker says Medical Kidnapping is Real "Parents are scared." - Missouri Rep. Ken Wilson