Health Topic Center
CBS St. Louis Health News
- Siteman Cancer Care Clinic to Open 24/7 Local cancer patients who need urgent care will soon have a new around-the-clock option.
- MDA Ending Telethon's 60-Year Run Labor Day Weekend event was hosted by comedian Jerry Lewis for many decades
- STUDY: Breastfeeding Reduces Risk of Breast Cancer A new study finds that breastfeeding may decrease a woman’s breast cancer risk.
- Metro Area Receives an 'F' for Ozone Pollution The Metro Area has received an F for ozone pollution in the annual State of the Air report.
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.
- Meningitis Death in Madison County Elizabeth Schreck, 30, of Durham, Missouri, was in Highland last week for a cake decorating seminar when she felt symptoms, complaining of a headache as well as neck and back pain.
- Belleville Considers Suing After Plans for Replacement Hospital in O'Fallon, Ill. Approved The vote clears the way for the hospital to build a $300 million hospital in O'Fallon, Illinois, to replace the 60-year-old facility in downtown Belleville.
- Ill. Moves Closer to Allowing Cameras in Nursing Home Rooms The measure, which now moves to the Illinois Senate, would allow families to pay for installation of video equipment in residents' rooms.
- Kraft Mac & Cheese Shedding the Dyes This is the last year that the original version of Kraft Mac & Cheese sold in the U.S. will contain artificial preservatives or synthetic colors.
- Did Auditor's Prescriptions Play a Role in Suicide? Could the prescription medicines taken by the late Missouri Auditor Tom Schweich have played a role in his suicide?
- Local Cardiologist Warns Blues Fans of Heart Risk A local cardiologist warns fans about getting too emotional over the playoffs.
- Rita Wilson Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis Actress and singer Rita Wilson announced on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Vaccine Developed for Canine Influenza There have been no confirmed, suspected or reported cases of the Canine Influenza in Missouri, but if there is an outbreak in the state, there is now a vaccine. The key is acting quickly.
- 5 Simple Exercises That Lower Stress Looking for a way to lower stress? Try these five exercises from Dr. Tami Meraglia, author of "The Hormone Secret: Discover Effortless Weight Loss and Renewed Energy in Just 30 Days."
- Missouri Teen in State Custody Goes Online to Defend Mom "They were saying that she's the cause of my pain. How crazy does that sound?" 17-year-old Isaiah Rider