Health Topic Center
CBS St. Louis Health News
- Petitions Filed to Allow Medical Marijuana Use in Missouri The two petitions would ask voters whether to amend the state constitution to allow physicians to recommend the drug to patients with certain illnesses, such as cancer, epilepsy and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Wash U Study: Racial Disparity in Local Autism Diagnoses Wash U child psychiatrist Dr. John Constantino says African-American children are also more likely to be misdiagnosed with a less serious condition.
- UPDATE: Medical Marijuana: The Latest in Missouri and Illinois ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Medical Marijuana takes front-and-center-stage in both Missouri and Illinois. The group New Approach Missouri files initiative petitions Thursday that would allow doctors to recommend medical marijuana to patients with debilitating...
- UPDATED: Illinois Panel OKs Medical Marijuana for 8 Health Conditions An advisory board voted Wednesday to add eight health conditions including chronic pain syndrome, autism, osteoarthritis and post-traumatic stress disorder to the list of illnesses that can be treated by medical marijuana in Illinois.
- New Study Shows Painkiller Misuse Increase in Midwest Prescription painkillers misuse soars throughout Missouri over the past decade.
- Mercy Opens a 24/7 Virtual Care Center in Chesterfield Mercy officially opens a Virtual Care Center in Chesterfield which will provide patients with the opportunity to receive care around the clock and wherever they are.
- Missouri Woman To Backpack From Argentina To Alaska Bethany Hughes will begin "Her Odyssey" in December
- Various Local Hospitals Offer Free Vaccinations this Season The start of October traditionally means the start of the flu season.
- St. Louis County Prepares Guidelines for Radiation Emergency Instructions on what to do in the event of a radiological emergency have been prepared by St. Louis County - but there are no plans to widely distribute them to those living around the West Lake landfill.
- St. Louis VA Mental Health Records Questioned by Watchdog A federal watchdog says it has confirmed a whistleblower's claims that Veterans Affairs sites in St. Louis marked appointments for mental health patients as completed before they were seen, effectively boosting the appearance of the sites'...
- New Test to Detect Viruses in Humans and Animals A new test developed at Washington University has the ability to detect all viruses that infect people and animals.
- Study Documents Results After Jolie's Breast Cancer Decisions Local genetic counselors say Angelina Jolie’s breast cancer decisions have made a big difference locally.
- McDonald's Fires Back Following Graphic Claiming To Show Big Mac's Impact On Body McDonald's is firing back against a website after it posted a graphic claiming to show the negative impact a Big Mac has on the human body.
- St. Louis County Faces Rabies-Positive Bats St. Louis County is one of a handful in the state where rabies-positive bats have been captured.
- Report Shows Steady Missouri and Illinois Obesity Rates The obesity rates in Missouri and Illinois are holding steady, according to the annual Trust for America’s Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation annual report.