Health Topic Center
CBS St. Louis Health News
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.
- Meningitis Death in Madison County Elizabeth Schreck, 30, of Durham, Missouri, was in Highland last week for a cake decorating seminar when she felt symptoms, complaining of a headache as well as neck and back pain.
- Belleville Considers Suing After Plans for Replacement Hospital in O'Fallon, Ill. Approved The vote clears the way for the hospital to build a $300 million hospital in O'Fallon, Illinois, to replace the 60-year-old facility in downtown Belleville.
- Ill. Moves Closer to Allowing Cameras in Nursing Home Rooms The measure, which now moves to the Illinois Senate, would allow families to pay for installation of video equipment in residents' rooms.
- Kraft Mac & Cheese Shedding the Dyes This is the last year that the original version of Kraft Mac & Cheese sold in the U.S. will contain artificial preservatives or synthetic colors.
- Did Auditor's Prescriptions Play a Role in Suicide? Could the prescription medicines taken by the late Missouri Auditor Tom Schweich have played a role in his suicide?
- Local Cardiologist Warns Blues Fans of Heart Risk A local cardiologist warns fans about getting too emotional over the playoffs.
- Rita Wilson Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis Actress and singer Rita Wilson announced on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Vaccine Developed for Canine Influenza There have been no confirmed, suspected or reported cases of the Canine Influenza in Missouri, but if there is an outbreak in the state, there is now a vaccine. The key is acting quickly.
- 5 Simple Exercises That Lower Stress Looking for a way to lower stress? Try these five exercises from Dr. Tami Meraglia, author of "The Hormone Secret: Discover Effortless Weight Loss and Renewed Energy in Just 30 Days."
- Missouri Teen in State Custody Goes Online to Defend Mom "They were saying that she's the cause of my pain. How crazy does that sound?" 17-year-old Isaiah Rider
- Boil Order Issued for North St. Louis County A boil order is in effect in North County as a result of a large water main break. Missouri American Water has issued a precautionary boil water advisory for customers in parts of Dellwood, Flordell Hills, Country Club Hills, Ferguson and...
- 'Senior Moments' May Be Precursor to Alzheimer's Find yourself forgetting things from time to time, and simply justifying it by saying you had another senior moment? A local psychiatrist says it might be no laughing matter.
- Exploding Head Syndrome: Is It Really a Bang or Only The Imagination? A new study finds exploding head syndrome can affect people of all ages. About one in five college students say they’ve experienced it at least once.
- Recent Influenza Outbreak Seen in Dogs An outbreak of canine influenza in Chicago has already killed 1,000 dogs, and city officials are calling it an epidemic.