Health Topic Center
CBS St. Louis Health News
- Students for Planned Parenthood Frustrated by Mizzou Leader Mizzou for Planned Parenthood organizer Dina van der Zalm says a Wednesday meeting with interim Chancellor Hank Foley to talk about how the school could help the clinic was canceled.
- Well-Being Index Releases National Heart Attack Statistics The states with the highest heart attack incidence are West Virginia, South Dakota and Kentucky.
- Report Shows STD Decline in St. Louis, Still Leads at No. 1 St. Louis city communicable disease specialist Becki Davis says STDs know no borders.
- Local Specialist Concerned About New Weight Loss Craze The new trend is called Combo Pilling which is when two or more diet pills or supplements are combined to create supercharged weight loss.
- Asbestos Discovery Halts Arch Museum Construction The Arch areas open to the public are safe for visitors.
- PTSD, Veteran Suicide Hits Home For CBS Military Analyst CBS News military analyst Col. Jeff McCauland's nephew committed suicide two years ago after being diagnosed with PTSD.
- Illinois Congressman Pressures VA to Hire Local Directors Mike Bost is sponsoring a bill calling on the VA Secretary to deliver a plan to Congress in four months.
- Panera Bread Says It Will Move to Cage-Free Eggs by 2020 Panera CEO and founder Ron Shaich says the company has been working for more than a decade to reduce antibiotic use and confinement across its supply chain.
- New Study Finds Twitter Can Predict Heart Disease Rates SLU Care’s Dr. Michael Lim says it was predicted better than some of the traditional tests.
- Environment Illinois Posts 12 'Cringe-Worthy Water Facts of 2015' Environment Illinois is promoting the scary figures to show people how important the Clean Water Rule is to our health.
- Republic Services Backs Claims Local Landfills Are Safe Company files expert reports with court in ongoing battle with Mo. attorney general's office
- Study: Nicotine Subdues Alcohol-Induced Sleepiness The sleepiness people feel after drinking alcohol may be repressed by nicotine, according to a new study.
- Bridgeton Residents Demand Immediate Action From EPA, President Resident Paul Berry says the EPA shouldn't be in control of the site, and it's a Department of Energy or Defense issue.
- EPA Downplays Fears of Nuclear Crisis at West Lake Landfill "Our data doesn't support that kind of conclusion, or anything like a Chernobyl or Fukushima," Hague says. "I think that's not based upon any science or facts around there."
- Local Butcher on WHO's Report: 'Something Like This Does Not Scare Me' Mark Paur with Kenrick Meats and Catering says he won't let the report change his eating habits, and he hopes his clients won't either.