Tom AckermanKMOX Sports Director @Ackerman1120
The Rams need to find an elite wide receiver for Sam Bradford. Chris Givens and Danny Amendola have been reliable targets. Brandon Gibson has made some plays. Lance Kendricks is developing into a legitimate NFL tight end. But if the Rams are to zoom to the next level, they’ll need to go out and find a Pro Bowl-caliber playmaker. This is a passing league, and the Rams need a clear No. 1 WR.
Scott WarmannKMOX Host
There's no doubt the Rams are a much better team than they've been the last several years. Coach Jeff Fisher has done an incredible job of just changing the culture with the team and organization. And that psychological change has helped this team have the success it's having. And while the added talent to the team has also helped provide them with more wins, the Rams are still void of a lot of talent. Here's what I believe are key needs for the Rams to take another step in acquiring talent to make them even better moving forward.
The first thing is help on the offensive line. The line played better than what I expected this season, but it's still needs a lot of help. A starting tackle and starting left guard are needed to help protect your franchise, Sam Bradford.
Second big need is at Wide Receiver and/or Tight End. We are seeing rookie Chris Givens give Danny Amendola some help at the wideout position. But more help is needed at wideout and in this type of offense that Brian Schottenheimer runs a good pass catching tight end is needed as well.
The next biggest need for the Rams is safety. Quinton Mikel has played much better in his second season with St. Louis, but after him there's not much of anything. It's a strong and deep draft next April at the safety position and the Rams will hopefully benefit from that.
The Rams could also use more help at linebacker, defensive line and a backup quarterback, but there's only so much a team can acquire in an offseason.
Nathan GrimmKMOX Blogger @Nate_Grimm
The Rams' major need was painfully evident in Sunday's win at Buffalo: a No. 1 receiver. Danny Amendola is great in the slot and Chris Givens looks like the deep threat they've been missing, but the Rams don't have an outside receiver who can beat press coverage and go get the football. Every other aspect of the offense's struggles against the Bills -- Bradford's inconsistency, the running game getting bottled up, pressure on the quarterback -- is tied to the team's lack of a true No. 1 receiver. The sooner they get one, the sooner they legitimately contend for a Super Bowl.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Maryland Heights parents who fear their children are using drugs can now have them tested without being arrested cbsloc.al/18f2HRw 35 minutes ago
- RT @AP BREAKING: Medical examiner's office revises death toll from Oklahoma tornado to at least 24. 51 minutes ago
- St. Charles Residents Again Discuss Smoking Ban cbsloc.al/10LOdGw 1 hour ago
- In the news at 8: a tornado hits Mt. Olive, the power goes out for many bi-state residents, and St. Charles flooding betaplayer.radio.com/player/newsrad… 1 hour ago