It Matters Where You Go
Content Provided By Siteman Cancer Center
Why does it matter where you go? Because early detection is the single greatest factor in improving treatment and outcomes in breast cancer. Siteman Cancer Center’s unique “specialists at every step” approach leads to earlier detection.
You probably already know that women over the age of 40 should have a mammogram every year, but many women still do not. Why not? Because they are busy; working, taking care of the household, kids, husband, parents, pets etc. We understand you take care of everyone else first, and there is never enough time to take care of yourself. But this is too important to put off any longer, so we want to give you a good reason to schedule your Siteman mammogram now and take care of yourself.
Introducing the new tradition of the “Mammi-Pedi.” Schedule your Siteman mammogram and then register to win a pedicure from The Face & The Body Spa.
Now register to win a Classic Pedicure from The Face & The Body Spa and grand prize luxury shopping experience with a personal stylist at Nordstrom West County. Grand prize package includes a $500 certificate plus receive a customized fashion experience based on your lifestyle needs with a personal stylist. After, get pampered with a luxurious Le Mer facial by a beauty expert and finish off with a gourmet lunch or dinner in our Café Bistro.
Encourage your friends and family to schedule their mammogram appointments. Just copy the message below and paste it into your Facebook status and help us spread the word that early detection saves lives:
Friends- I just scheduled my Siteman mammogram, you should too! Win a pedicure from The Face & The Body Spa and a $500 Nordstrom certificate! www.itmatterswhereyougo.com
I scheduled my Siteman mammogram-you should too! Win a The Face & The Body pedicure and a $500 Nordstrom certificate! http://www.itmatterswhereyougo.com
Siteman Cancer Center Facts:
- Designated American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Pioneer in development of genomic test for personalized, targeted breast cancer treatment
- Fully dedicated breast specialists in imaging, radiation oncology, and surgery
- Broadest array of breast reconstruction surgery options in the Midwest
- Research leaders in the development of a potential vaccine for metastatic breast cancer.
- One of only 41 institutions in the U.S. and the only in the state of Missouri to hold the prestigious Comprehensive Cancer Center designation from the National Cancer Institute.
- One of only 23 institutions that make up the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, a nonprofit alliance of leading centers dedicated to improving the quality and effectiveness of cancer care.
- Ranked No. 1 in cancer in the state of Missouri by U.S. News & World Report
Comprehensive Breast Care Services:
- We are a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The designation by the American College of Radiology means that the facility is fully accredited in all areas of breast imaging diagnostics.
- All breast radiologists dedicate 100 percent of their practice to breast imaging and interpret all breast images at Barnes Jewish Hospital and Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, as well as images from the mobile mammography van. Breast technologists at Barnes-Jewish Hospital also are solely dedicated to breast care services as are a team of breast specialists in pathology.
- Our radiologists, all of whom are affiliated with the Internationally recognized Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, subspecialize in comprehensive breast imaging. That means 100 percent of the time, these specialists are solely dedicated to interpreting breast images 100 percent of the time.
- A mobile mammography van, equipped with all-digital imaging technology, brings screening mammography directly into local communities. Washington University’s team of dedicated breast radiologists evaluates breast images obtained on the mammography van as well as those at the main hospital campus and Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital.
- Same-day screening appointments are often available and same-day results are offered for diagnostic breast imaging exams. Convenient online scheduling for appointments is available for the Breast Health Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and the mobile mammography van.
- Radiation therapy and medical oncology services are provided in multiple locations for the convenience of patients, including Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital and Siteman Cancer Center’s south St. Louis County location at I-55 and Butler Hill Road.
- For maps and directions, a comprehensive list of support services, and searchable directories of Siteman physicians and clinical trials, please visit www.siteman.wustl.edu
Above content provided by Siteman Cancer Center. For advice about your medical care, consult your doctor
Brentwood – 2515 South Brentwood Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63144; (314) 725.8975
Chesterfield – 1765 Clarkson Road, Chesterfield, MO 63017; (636) 532.2500
O’Fallon – 2917 Highway K, O’Fallon, MO 63368; (696) 281.2600