Veteran KMOX news anchor, Bob Hamilton, started at KMOX in 1982. Before joining KMOX, Bob worked as a reporter and feature writer for the Washington Missourian and as a news anchor at the KSD Radio AM/FM and KSD-TV.
Today, Bob’s duties at KMOX include anchoring, writing and editing news stories. Bob is a familiar voice to many in the Midwest because of his distinctive voice and anchoring style. Bob’s superior journalistic skill has won numerous awards for his news series on organized crime’s connection to the local illegal drug trade. A veteran at reporting local election returns, Bob, a political scientist by training, is known for being among the first to predict a candidate or an issue as a winner in an election.
In addition to working as a news anchor, Bob often participates in the set-up and coordination process for new organizations whose purpose is to benefit and serve the public. Operation Nightwatch and Effort for AIDS are just two organizations that Bob helped coordinate and support.
A mentor to scores of interns at KMOX over the years, Bob has been Senior Adjunct Lecturer on the faculty of the University of Missouri-St. Louis. His civic activities include membership on the board of directors of the Transport Museum Association and the financial support arm of the St. Louis County’s Museum of Transportation. Bob is also a member of the National Association of Broadcasters, Broadcast Education Association, the National Trust for Scotland, the Radio Society of Great Britain, and dozens of St. Louis area civic organizations.
- World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Ballpark Village Update
- Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Jefferson Jackson Dinner
- End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens... D-Day Anniversary
- In the news at 8: a merger of city and county police operations, virus research at SLU, and shootings in Berkeley betaplayer.radio.com/player/newsrad… 14 minutes ago
- RT @Brpkelly: We'll talk with the #STL treasurer about charging to park downtown on Saturdays at 7:50. Hear it here kmox.com/listen 42 minutes ago
- Republican Race For Ill. Governor Heats Up cbsloc.al/11LiotX 43 minutes ago
- In the news at 7:30: raw sewage in River Des Peres, cleanup costs in St. Charles, and Bosnians talk crime prevention betaplayer.radio.com/player/newsrad… 45 minutes ago