Doug McElvein began his broadcasting career as a result of involvement with the Junior Achievement program. His J.A. company sponsored a weekly half-hour radio program and Doug often hosted the show. His work on WJAK sparked an interest in radio that ultimately lead to his hosting of KMOX’s Total Information AM.
During his Junior Achievement work, Doug was bit by the broadcasting bug and began working full-time for WVLK in Lexington, KY. His career took him to stations in a number of markets including San Antonio, TX and Birmingham, AL among others. In 1980, he arrived in Louisville, KY at WHAS. While at WHAS, Doug worked in a variety of positions including weekend program host, production assistant, talk show producer, music director, and assistant program director. He ultimately hosted the first ever-regular talk show during the midday hours on WHAS.
In 1993, Doug made the move to KMOX, hosting Total Information PM. His talent, quick wit, and assertive style have made him a favorite with KMOX listeners. An early wakeup call became the norm for Doug in September of 1998 with his transition to mornings and the highly rated Total Information AM program. Doug helps the largest listening audience in the St. Louis area get up and going for the day.
A member of the Transportation Museum Board of Directors Doug loves to show off the wonders of the Transportation Museum. He also judges in numerous FIRST Robotics competitions that take place throughout the year in the St. Louis area.
Doug is married and proudly resides in west St. Louis County with his wife, Denise, son Ryan and Blue the cat.
What would you do if you weren’t in radio?
Emergency room physician
Do you have any pets?
Blue the cat. He’s a couple of years old and was adopted from the Humane Society.
Share one random fact.
I’m full of random facts. Next time you see me, ask for one.
If you could live anywhere else in the country, where would it be?
On an island off the coast of New England
- American Legion Memorial... Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA
- Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma...
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013
- Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To...
- Have you been effected by cuts caused by the sequester? cbsloc.al/1aceFuk 1 hour ago
- How safe are your community parking garages? cbsloc.al/14Dm0SW 3 hours ago
- Pick-a-Side: Which Is Your Favorite Fun In The Sun Activity? cbsloc.al/153cW9E 4 hours ago
- Missouri Motorcycle Riders Had Good Legislative Year >> cbsloc.al/11ekXnK 6 hours ago