John Butler, a 35 year broadcasting veteran, joined the Voice of St. Louis as News Director in August 1995. Before joining KMOX, John held the position of News Director for 12 years at WSYR/WYYY/WBBS, in Syracuse, N.Y. Since coming to St. Louis, the KMOX News Department has won over 170 awards, both local and national for journalistic excellence, plus four national Edward R. Murrow awards.
Prior to joining WSYR/WYYY/WBBS, John began his broadcasting career in 1970 at WATR-TV/AM/FM in Waterbury, CT. From there he took the position of News Director at WOLF and later at WNDR in Syracuse. John worked as Anchor and Assignment Editor for WIXT-TV in Syracuse. He was also an Adjunct Professor at the Newhouse School at Syracuse University.
John makes it a point to be involved with the community and in tune with the needs of the public. He has been on the advisory board of many organizations including NBC Radio News, the American Red Cross, Korea-Vietnam Memorial Board, and The St. Louis Ronald McDonald House.
John, a native of Syracuse, is a graduate of Cambridge College in Boston with a degree in Communications. He also is a graduate of the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare School in Forth Bragg, North Carolina and a Vietnam veteran. In his spare time, John enjoys outdoor activities. John is a member of numerous professional and private organizations.
The St. Louis Parking Division decided to enforce metering on Saturday starting in July.
- World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Ballpark Village Update
- Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Jefferson Jackson Dinner
- End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens... D-Day Anniversary
- Local Clergy Abuse Survivor Testifies Before the United Nations cbsloc.al/16eXpUQ 2 hours ago
- 1 Dead 3 Injured in Shooting at Berkeley Apartment Complex cbsloc.al/16evmoo #Crime 3 hours ago
- Kerry Inc. In Affton Evacuated After Bomb Threat cbsloc.al/13ZL19h #MO 3 hours ago
- St. Louis CVC pays $2M to #Rams for legal fees ow.ly/mabmc #NFL 4 hours ago