Mark is the host of “The Mark Reardon Show” and “Total Information PM” on KMOX from 2 – 6 p.m. every weekday. A Chicago native, he moved to St. Louis in 1979 and quickly became a Cardinals fan for life after the 1982 World Series. He started in radio when he was just 15 years old and his answer to the most important question in St. Louis is: Parkway West class of 1983.
After graduating from the University of Missouri School of Journalism, Mark spent the following 10 years in radio and television in Columbia, Missouri. His other radio gigs include stops at the former KSD-AM in St. Louis, WTMJ in Milwaukee and WGN in Chicago. He is a film fanatic and has been a long time film critic. Mark is a member of the Broadcast Film Critics Association (BFCA) and his reviews are heard on KMOX, BXR radio in Columbia, Missouri and “Great Day St. Louis” on KMOV channel 4. He’s also a member of the Broadcast Journalist Television Association (BJTA).
He’s an avid cyclist, fisherman, hunter and is passionate about music—especially Bruce Springsteen. Mark is married and has two children, two dogs, three cats—and a very powerful vacuum.
What is your favorite St. Louis activity?
Concerts at The Pageant. Cycling in wine country. Too many restaurants to name, but favorite place to hang out is The Haven in south city.
What would you do if you weren’t in radio?
Do you have any pets?
Two dogs: KC (lab mix) and Chase (black lab)
Three cats: Lizzie (Am shorthair), Jack Jack (Tortoise shell) and Dave (Maine Coon mix, originally from New Orleans – rescued in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina)
Share one random fact.
I once sat next to Bruce Springsteen at a movie in LA. “Defending Your Life” 1990.
If you could live anywhere else in the country, where would it be?
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch
- RT @damianpaletta: I'll be on @KMOX in a few minutes with @charliekmox talking about #IRS. Tune in St. Louis! 3 hours ago
- RT @DebbieMonterrey: @LarryConnersUSA joins @charliekmox and me on @KMOX at 9:05 stlouis.cbslocal.com/#listen-live 4 hours ago
- RT @KMOX: 9:05a-Charlie & Debbie talk with fired KMOV Anchor Larry Conners. kmox.com/listen 4 hours ago
- Traffic Increasing at Lambert Airport cbsloc.al/16U8BKq 4 hours ago