She is also the traffic anchor for FOX 2 News in the Morning. Monica previously worked at WIL-FM radio, where she was the news director and morning show co-host. Previous to WIL, Monica was the morning show host for KDJR/KHAD radio in DeSoto, Missouri and the news director, morning show co-host, and sports reporter for KJCF radio in Festus, Missouri. She is excited to be celebrating almost 20 years in the business.
During her morning show career in radio, Monica had the opportunity to interview thousands of guests with standouts being Katie Couric, Oprah Winfrey and Reba McEntire (her idols), Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux and Brett and Bobby Hull. Monica has covered the St. Louis Cardinals, Rams and Blues, as well as high school football and baseball in Jefferson County. Her favorite stories, however, are done on the local residents who make a difference in this city she loves.
Monica is a St. Louis native who enjoys entertaining her family and friends and doing charitable work for the Family Resource Center, Independence Center, Ponybird Homes in Mapaville and Desoto, an ambassador for Every Step Counts, American Cancer Society, Kilo Diabetes Foundation, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and she was proud to be featured as one of the standout St Louis News Women who went Red for the American Heart Association. She enjoys dancing, singing, fitness and has a huge heart for her dogs and other animals.
Her life has been blessed ten times over and the one missing piece she has in her journey is to find the man who completes her dreams. She is a hope”ful” romantic and looks forward to marriage and, if it is in the blessings, children some day soon.
CONNECT WITH MONICA:
Email | KMOX Weekend Programming
FIVE QUESTIONS WITH MONICA:
What is your favorite St. Louis activity?
I thoroughly enjoy the arts in St. Louis whether that be attending amazing shows at the Fox or the Muny while enjoying the fabulous culinary magic that is done in the kitchens of our one of many St Louis restaurants. Among my favorites are Prime 1000, J. Gilbert’s, Cielo, Copia, Pi and Pueblo Solis
What would you do if you weren’t in radio?
This is the question I enjoy the most. I work three jobs right now, Fox 2, Personal training and being a fitness consultant to many through Red Fitness Lounge and my health show on KMOX so I live many of my dreams. I would love to clone myself though so I could also be a singer, actor, dancer, orthopedic surgeon, pilot and T.V. Talk show host doing a Wellness Show. I aspire to do a lot in this blessed live I lead.
Do you have any pets?
I have three dogs. Two Shiba Inus (which are little Japanese Hunting dogs that look like baby foxes). My oldest is Kyra who is 11, Nikko who is 10 and a lab/hound mix that is named Kailei. She just turned 5.
Share one random fact.
It is my goal to make a difference every day of my life. I wake up with purpose and head out the door with a focus of making one person’s life better each day. If I change multiple lives that is just a bonus!
If you could live anywhere else in the country, where would it be?
If I lived in this country it would be San Diego and in another country, Australia.
- American Legion Memorial... Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA
- Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma...
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013
- Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To...
- Proof That the Steroid-Era Power Surge in #MLB Has Been Stopped >> bit.ly/13T4hE4 Do you agree? 15 minutes ago
- .@GovernorQuinn’s office has called a new concealed carry plan in Illinois a “massive overreach.” What do you think?... 1 hour ago
- Just in time for #MemorialDay weekend >> Top Places for Pulled Pork in #STL cbsloc.al/ZdCUIW 2 hours ago
- Missouri Ranks High on ‘Best States for Retirement’ List >> cbsloc.al/14MBbt1 3 hours ago