Rodger Brand began his career at CBS in 1986 as the morning show producer/sidekick on KMOX sister station KHTR-FM (now KLOU-FM). In 1988, Brand moved from KHTR to KMOX as production assistant. During the summer of 1990, he became Officer Don Miller’s fill-in, taking over in “Jetcopter One” during Miller’s vacations.
In 1993, after Don Miller’s retirement, Brand was awarded the full-time position of traffic reporter and knighted “Captain” Rodger Brand. Brand started his flying career, flying around St. Louis at age 15 working on a private pilot’s license. He continues to carry on the KMOX tradition of providing traffic and safety reports to the St. Louis metro area mornings and afternoon during Total Information-AM and PM. In addition, he provides traffic information to thousands of Cardinal baseball fans as they make their way to Busch Stadium as well as Rams football fans to the TWA Dome on Sundays.
Brand graduated from the University of Missouri-St. Louis in 1985 with a degree in Speech Communications. He resides in Webster Groves with his wife, a daughter, and two sons. His son, Brendan, was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes on his fourth birthday. Brand is actively involved with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation as well as the American Diabetes Association in raising awareness and money to help find a cure for his son and the thousands of other children who must deal with this life-long affliction.
Brand enjoys playing golf, hockey, and following many different forms of auto racing.
- John O'Hurley in the KMOX... World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- Ballpark Village Update Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Jefferson Jackson Dinner End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens...
- Express Scripts to expand, add jobs stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/06/19/exp… 4 hours ago
- Keep your #smartphone safe during #summer bike trips with this bike pouch phone case cover: cbsloc.al/13Yaznj 5 hours ago
- St. Clair County Clerk Bob Delaney Resigns Amid Sexual Harassment Claims cbsloc.al/11orCRh #IL @caroldanielKMOX 6 hours ago
- Parents wanting to transfer their children out of failing school districts should act by Aug. 1 cbsloc.al/13Ty0zN #MO 7 hours ago