Ron Jacober has covered St. Louis sports on radio and television longer than anyone in the history of the market–43 years. He served as Sports Director of KMOX for two decades before going to a part time schedule. He continues to host the award winning “Sports On a Sunday Morning” along with a weekly Sports Open Line program.
Ron was recently inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame in Springfield. He has also been honored with inductions into the St. Louis Radio, St. Louis Media and Highland Illinois Schools Halls of Fame.
He has won numerous awards from the Missouri Broadcasters Association along with being named St. Louis’ best sportscasters. His work on KSDK television earned him two Emmy Awards. He was selected by CBS/Westwood One as a commentator at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia. His work in Sydney earning him the Jack Buck Media Award at the annual MS Sports Dinner and the A.I.R. Award for best news series, “Postcards from Sydney.”
Ron was honored by the Missouri Athletic Club with the Bob Burnes/Bob Broeg Award for his contributions to St. Louis and the sports community.
Jacober has worked on broadcast teams for St. Louis Cardinals baseball, St. Louis University basketball, St. Louis Blues hockey, St. Louis Storm and Ambush pro soccer, college basketball on ESPN and Missouri Tiger football. He has covered, Super Bowls, World Series, Stanley Cups and NCAA Final Fours. Ron holds a Journalism degree from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, and was named the J-School’s Alumnus of the Year.
He and his wife Lois have two sons, David, an Army veteran and currently a police officer in Pueblo, Colorado and Jeffrey, a Naval Academy graduate and former Navy top gun fighter pilot, currently a pilot for Southwest Airlines. Ron is one of the original staff members of the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame and serves as the hall’s Historical Consultant.
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch
- Shelby's Big Night Bravo's Andy Cohen Featured... One World Trade Center Fast Food Strike in St. Louis
- Macy’s Closing Downtown St. Louis Location cbsloc.al/10J3lnY 1 hour ago
- RT @MLynchOnAir: See the workshops of local @Etsy artists featured on #KMOX this week. stlouis.cbslocal.com/photo-gallerie… 1 hour ago
- RT @brettblumekmox: Paul Teutul Sr. head honcho at Orange County Choppers sits astride the custom-made bike for Black Flag. http://t.co/Ad0… 1 hour ago
- Some Discouraged From Prostate Cancer Screening Under New Guidelines cbsloc.al/10Q8A2f 2 hours ago