5 Up 5 Down
Hisashi Iwakuma gets the Angels on Tuesday, which could be a tough matchup, but the Angels could be eliminated by that game as well.
There are two main reasons for optimism with Kyle Seager down the stretch. First, he’s regained his power stroke in September, with nine extra base hits (three homers) resulting in a .305/.345/.488 line.
After 517 plate appearances, it seems safe to say Norichika Aoki is mostly for real. The 30-year-old Japanese import has a .289/.359/.430 line this season, including 68 runs and 26 stolen bases.
Justin Morneau’s season has not come with much fanfare. It’s understandable – he’s a former MVP first baseman and he’s hitting just .277/.337/.473. But with today’s offensive environment, his 122 OPS+ is equal to his 2007 All-Star campaign.
Jurickson Profar got a spot start for Ian Kinsler and opened his career with a bang, homering and doubling in his first two at-bats, respectively.
Tyler Skaggs, the 13th-best prospect in the game per Baseball America, will be one to watch Monday night as he makes his second major league start. The 20-year-old lefty is a must-add in available keeper leagues and should be a solid addition even in redraft formats.
Ben Zobrist gained shortstop eligibility over the week, adding flexibility and the toughest non-catcher position to his name for the last month of the season. With the trading deadline past, that gives Zobrist about as big a spike in fantasy value as a player can get at this point in the season.
Manny Machado has skyrocketed from 1% owned to 38% in the Yahoo! game since the Orioles called him up, and understandably so: the youngster has socked three home runs already in just sixteen at-bats, with six hits total.
Players at premium positions (C, 2B, SS, 3B) in Colorado should always be watched; mediocre talent can become fantastic fantasy numbers, and great talent leads to such forces as Troy Tulowitzki.
Typically, a move from the NL to the AL is a bad omen for pitchers. However, escaping homer-friendly Miller Park and the shoddy defense behind him in Milwaukee should be a boon for Zach Greinke.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Local Artists Find Success on...
- Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night Bravo's Andy Cohen Featured...
- Branson Recovers from Tornado, Loss of Stars cbsloc.al/10QYAWB #mo 2 hours ago
- Missouri Social Services Director Resigns cbsloc.al/13GuhWC #MO 4 hours ago
- Church Van Accident on I-70 Leaves 5 Dead cbsloc.al/Z94h6N #Il 4 hours ago
- Metal Detectors, Bag Restrictions For Senior PGA Championship cbsloc.al/12HK06U It will be held this week at Bellerive Country Club 5 hours ago