It has been nearly a year since Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn signed a law creating the Metro East Police Commission, meant to oversee crime-fighting activities in four troubled communities.
St. Clair County State’s Attorney, Brendan Kelly, says 27 absentee ballots from municipal elections in Alorton and Cahokia were challenged and rejected.
St. Clair County Clerk Bob Delaney says his office is holding on to nearly 400 absentee ballots that he believes are fraudulent.
Alorton Village Clerk JoAnn Reed was arraigned Monday on charges of official misconduct and bringing contraband into a penal institution.
A special appointed prosecutor has charged 58-year-old Norman Stuckey in St. Clair County with one count of threatening a public official.
Randy McCallum admitted trying to sell crack on the streets of Alorton.
Quinn signed a bill Thursdaythat creates the Metro East Police District Commission with public officials and police from East St. Louis, Alorton, Brooklyn and Washington Park.
Ronnie Cummings was convicted of being a felon in possession of a clip of ammunition and of lying to federal agents.
FBI, ATF agents to track down violent criminals and gangs
Charges allege Treymella Johnson was appointed mayor behind closed doors.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Metro East Mayors establish collection points for Oklahoma tornado victims and work crews stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/don… 4 hours ago
- .@CHRABE has a new column: Return To Normalcy, At Least For A Few Hours cbsloc.al/18gknMy 6 hours ago
- Cardinals: Additional Tickets for Thursday’s Soccer Match cbsloc.al/1a2PCK0 #socceratbusch 7 hours ago
- Spending on specialty drugs like cancer, MS and hepatitis C will Increase by 67% in 2015, according to study. cbsloc.al/14v8mkN 7 hours ago