Alton plans to have a larger than life statue of the famous musician Miles Davis in the downtown entertainment district.
The city’s block parties kick off tomorrow and Alton Police say there are exceptions to Madison County State’s Attorney Tom Gibbons’ decision not to prosecute residents.
The decisions by some legal officials in Illinois come in the wake of a U.S. Court of Appeals decision that requires Illinois lawmakers to create concealed-carry legislation awaiting Gov. Quinn’s signature.
The National Weather Service said the river had crested in the St. Louis area and the Illinois towns of Grafton and Alton further north.
The Mississippi at Alton crested yesterday at 34.38 ft. but it will remain high for several days.
Warning sirens blared in West Alton Monday night as 590 residents were advised to evacuate because of a levee breach in northeastern St. Charles County.
Forecasts call for the river to crest Tuesday at 34.5 feet, nearly four feet higher than April’s crest, but lower than earlier predictions.
Mississippi River to crest in Grafton Monday, Alton Tuesday.
A pediatrician will have her medical license suspended for one year, starting next week, for failing to notify authorities of child abuse.
Housing Authority Director Andy Hightower says only two units in one of the authority’s buildings have tested positive for the bugs and they are being treated.
- Flash Flooding in St. Louis 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- Ballpark Village Update Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Jefferson Jackson Dinner End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens...
- D-Day Anniversary Charlie Brennan's 1120 Lager... Father's Day Gift Ideas Solar Plane Lands in St. Louis
- Kirkwood Police search for man they call "Armed and Dangerous" after a homicide in their city. stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/06/17/arm… 1 hour ago
- Should Pitchers Wear Helmets? Local Coaches Weigh In cbsloc.al/11km36s 4 hours ago
- Lawmaker: Remove Radioactive Waste from Landfill cbsloc.al/13VS4Qj 5 hours ago
- Madigan Seeks 2nd Delay on #IL Gun Plan cbsloc.al/11ufuLe 5 hours ago