American Civil Liberties Union
The American Civil Liberties Union says Ste. Genevieve County and former inmate Stanley Schell have settled a lawsuit filed in January.
A new lawsuit accuses police in Ellisville of violating the rights of drivers by prosecuting those who flash headlights to warn others.
The lawsuit claims the program violates students’ Fourth Amendment rights against unlawful searches and seizures.
U.S. District Judge E. Richard Webber issued the ruling Tuesday in St. Louis in a case involving the Salem Public Library.
A House committee heard testimony on legislation by Rep. Casey Guernsey that would outlaw the use of unmanned aircraft to conduct surveillance.
“It was a very significant invasion of personal privacy and personal dignity to have someone plunge a needle in your arm while you’re handcuffed and restrained.”
Rep. Casey Guernsey says he does not want state government to monitor residents more than it currently does.
The justices on Monday left in place a lower court ruling that found that the state’s anti-eavesdropping law violates free speech rights.
ACLU Attorney Grant Doty says this is good news from the some 31,000 Missouri inmates who may never have known about the mail they didn’t get.
Violators of the new law could face up to six months in jail and a $500 fine. Repeat offenders could get up to five years in prison.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Local Artists Find Success on...
- Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night Bravo's Andy Cohen Featured...
- Church Van Accident on I-70 Leaves 5 Dead cbsloc.al/Z94h6N #Il 15 minutes ago
- Metal Detectors, Bag Restrictions For Senior PGA Championship cbsloc.al/12HK06U It will be held this week at Bellerive Country Club 43 minutes ago
- Police say a man was fishing with a friend at Merchant Bridge north of #stl when his car rolled into the river cbsloc.al/14q7Vbq 51 minutes ago
- PHOTOS: Busch Stadium Transforming into Soccer Field cbsloc.al/12HBR2n #stl 1 hour ago