“Meteorologists nailed this. The storm came in hot and heavy. We endured four or five hours of heavy snow.”
The city’s annual homeless headcount is underway — with organizers predicting there will be fewer homeless tallied here than a year ago.
Last year, city officials put up the signs in 25 locations and plan to add another two dozen.
The barricades are still up, with signs that say “sidewalk closed for health and safety reasons.”
City Hall takes action to prevent drug dealing in a downtown park — by ripping out eight park benches.
City officials plan to fight a minister’s plan to establish a new homeless tent city
Charlie talks with “Calendar Girl” Singer Neil Sedaka; with Robin Wahby and Prof. Martin Rochester who take differing viewpoints on transfer students and unaccredited STL schools; with 1904 World’s Fair Society President Michael Truax about fact and fiction surrounding the Fair; and with the Rev. Larry Rice and Bill Siedhoff about the moving of the STL homeless encampments.
Rev. Larry Rice organizes demonstration against city’s closure of homeless encampments like Hopeville.
The Rev. Larry Rice says tent cities are “cost effective to taxpayers”
Charlie talks with Go! St. Louis Marathon Winner Jackie Pirtle-Hall; with Scott Avery of the O’Fallon, MO, Fire Protection District about firefighters pay, benefits and Select Comfort mattresses; with SIUE’s Prof. Gary Mayer about its upcoming Botball competition; with STL City’s Bill Siedhoff about moving the City’s homeless, again; and with Financial Advisor Al Goldman about the state of the current stock market.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- In case you missed it: KMOV’s Larry Conners Fired Over Facebook Comments stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/22/lar… 3 hours ago
- Police search for missing New Baden woman stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/22/sea… 4 hours ago
- Are you a bride-to-be? Lots of bridal shops have Memorial Day sales. Check out these local shops: cbsloc.al/14u4YGK #stl 5 hours ago
- Protestors: Police Shot “Un-armed” Man cbsloc.al/10MOYel #stl 5 hours ago