State’s Attorney Brendan Kelly said the alleged ticket-fixing surfaced during an audit of Joe Christ’s work as a prosecutor under Kelly before Christ died in March.
A widening drug probe involving judges has St. Clair County State’s Attorney Brendan Kelly performing random drug tests on his entire staff.
Wearing cutoff shorts and a T-shirt with the slogan “Bad is my middle name,” St. Clair County Circuit Judge Michael Cook pleaded not guilty.
Police say the school’s staff did their own investigation of the matter before notifying police May 3. A special prosecutor has been assigned to the case.
“We don’t have nearly enough, not even close to enough, police officers in the Metro East,” he said.
Serving subpoenas without a license is a misdemeanor. The state Department of Professional Regulation fined Stone $10,000 in September.
A special appointed prosecutor has charged 58-year-old Norman Stuckey in St. Clair County with one count of threatening a public official.
Russell had been convicted in the February, 2008 murder of Karinina Polk at a Fairmont City motel.
The St. Clair County State’s Attorney says a crackdown on violence-prone sites in East St. Louis have cut that city’s murder rate.
State’s Attorney Brendan Kelly declined to comment on why driver Michael Jeter had three drugs in his system.
- World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Ballpark Village Update
- Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Jefferson Jackson Dinner
- End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens... D-Day Anniversary
- Local Clergy Abuse Survivor Testifies Before the United Nations cbsloc.al/16eXpUQ 1 hour ago
- 1 Dead 3 Injured in Shooting at Berkeley Apartment Complex cbsloc.al/16evmoo #Crime 2 hours ago
- Kerry Inc. In Affton Evacuated After Bomb Threat cbsloc.al/13ZL19h #MO 2 hours ago
- St. Louis CVC pays $2M to #Rams for legal fees ow.ly/mabmc #NFL 3 hours ago