It has been nearly a year since Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn signed a law creating the Metro East Police Commission, meant to oversee crime-fighting activities in four troubled communities.
“We don’t have nearly enough, not even close to enough, police officers in the Metro East,” he said.
Police say more details about the case will come out Monday, when the case is scheduled to be presented to Madison County prosecutors.
Maurice Shelton is accused of shooting Walter Taylor outside the Pink Slip night club last Sunday morning.
State police say victim was shot to death in front of the Pink Slip establishment.
When the suspect tried to get onto the McKinley Bridge an officer blocked his path, so the pursuit continued on I-64 across Poplar.
A man open fired on a couple sitting on the hood of their car at Leonor K. Sullivan and Poplar.
Officers say the car was later found in Brooklyn, Illinois.
Quinn signed a bill Thursdaythat creates the Metro East Police District Commission with public officials and police from East St. Louis, Alorton, Brooklyn and Washington Park.
FBI, ATF agents to track down violent criminals and gangs
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Stan Musial’s Ladue House For Sale cbsloc.al/10kTxRD 1 hour ago
- Some East St. Louis City Employees Test Positive for Drugs cbsloc.al/183w4su 1 hour ago
- New Phone Scam Centers Around Affordable Care Act cbsloc.al/10kN49h 2 hours ago
- RT @Brpkelly: Missouri gets a C- infrastructure grade from ASCE, better than Nation's D+. #kmoxnews 2 hours ago