The break-ins happened Friday night as several Girl Scout troops were at the zoo for a campout.
Over a dozen cars were broken into along Washington Avenue.
An airport employee lot and a nearby hotel were both hit overnight
Robbers targeted purses, GPS units and cell phones
St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch sensed public outrage that police did not chase copper thieves and those involved in car break-ins.
Not clear whether break-ins were random or cops were targeted.
Two men accused of breaking into cars parked near Union Station.
Says thieves who hit LaSalle Park neighborhood left brown rocks in vehicles
Chief Isom tells KMOX vandals looking for guns
Mayor wants tougher prosecution of smash-and-grabbers.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Local Artists Find Success on...
- Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night Bravo's Andy Cohen Featured...
- Branson Recovers from Tornado, Loss of Stars cbsloc.al/10QYAWB #mo 6 hours ago
- Missouri Social Services Director Resigns cbsloc.al/13GuhWC #MO 7 hours ago
- Church Van Accident on I-70 Leaves 5 Dead cbsloc.al/Z94h6N #Il 8 hours ago
- Metal Detectors, Bag Restrictions For Senior PGA Championship cbsloc.al/12HK06U It will be held this week at Bellerive Country Club 8 hours ago