KMOX 1120AM

Carbon monoxide poisoning

A photo of a carbon monoxide detector installed. (Photo illustration by George Frey/Getty Images)

Illinois Schools Not Required By Law to Have Carbon Monoxide Detectors

More than 100 people – most of them children – were sickened when carbon monoxide leaked from a faulty water heater flue at an intermediate school in Girard on Monday.

09/18/2014

A photo of a carbon monoxide detector installed. (Photo illustration by George Frey/Getty Images)

Nearly 130 Students Sickened By Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Illinois

A quick acting superintendent and teachers avoided what could have become a deadly incident at a Central Illinois middle school.

09/16/2014

File photo of a crime scene. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Elderly Couple Found Dead at Their Manchester Home

Police are saying carbon monoxide poisoning was the cause of death.

05/17/2014

carbon%20monoxide-2

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Deaths in Pike County

Coroner says Howard & Theresa Stout had propane tank and space heater hook-up in camper.

12/27/2013

ambulance-lights 1

Carbon Monoxide Sickens Nine in Florissant

Police say a woman woke up Sunday feeling woozy and found her eight relatives unconscious.

05/12/2013

St. Louis Fire Department

Carbon Monoxide Death of St. Louis Woman Leads to Giveaway of Free Detectors

If everyone in your home suddenly gets flu symptoms, it could be carbon monoxide poisoning

02/24/2012

Getty/Wathia Khuzale

Gas Generators Can Kill

St. Louis fire chief says a woman died Saturday when carbon monoxide from a generator flooded her home.

02/12/2012

carbon%20monoxide-2

Florissant Family Treated For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A Florissant family of seven ends has been released from a local hospital, after being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

12/03/2011

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,948 other followers