carbon monoxide

West Lake Landfill opponents celebrate on June 16, 2015. (Kevin Killeen/KMOX)

Judge Tells Republic Services to Keep Landfill Fire Data Flowing

The owners of the burning Bridgeton Landfill have agreed to continue providing carbon monoxide data to the state on a monthly basis to help emergency planners understand the proximity of the fire to the nearby nuclear waste in the West Lake Landfill.

06/16/2015

Bridgeton Sanitary Landfill Photo: KMOX/Kevin Killeen

Koster Fights for Control Over Burning Bridgeton Landfill Data

At issue in the case is carbon monoxide data from the north quarry that emergency planners claim is vital to map the exact whereabouts of the moving underground fire.

06/15/2015

(File photo. Credit: Alex Wong/Getty Images.)

Elementary School Carbon Monoxide Leak Sends Some to Hospital

A carbon monoxide leak blamed on a boiler sends a few students and one staff member to the hospital for observation from Nance Elementary School in north St. Louis.

12/04/2014

A photo of a carbon monoxide detector installed. (Photo illustration by George Frey/Getty Images)

Illinois Schools Not Required By Law to Have Carbon Monoxide Detectors

More than 100 people – most of them children – were sickened when carbon monoxide leaked from a faulty water heater flue at an intermediate school in Girard on Monday.

09/18/2014

A photo of a carbon monoxide detector installed. (Photo illustration by George Frey/Getty Images)

Ill. Urges Carbon Monoxide Awareness in Homes

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless and invisible gas that can be deadly when high levels are inhaled.

02/06/2014

(Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

Hookah: Not A Safer Option

Cancer specialist says smoking hookah is just as dangerous as cigarettes.

05/31/2013

Getty/Wathia Khuzale

Gas Generators Can Kill

St. Louis fire chief says a woman died Saturday when carbon monoxide from a generator flooded her home.

02/12/2012

Getty/Chronis Jons

Carbon Monoxide Nearly Claims Missouri Family

The St. Charles County Ambulance District says those in the house likely would have died if they had been in the house for another hour or two.

12/28/2011

carbon%20monoxide-2

Girl Overcome by Fumes Released from Hospital

One of two girls poisoned by carbon monoxide during a spring-break visit is out of the hospital.

03/29/2011

carbon%20monoxide-2

Sisters Overcome By CO Fumes; Remain Hospitalized

One may have been trying to recharge phone in running car.

03/23/2011

more